• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

'X-Files' Returning to Fox This Summer After 13 Year Hiatus!

Phil

Agents Mulder and Scully are officially returning for duty again.

After announcing in January that a reboot of sorts was in the works, Fox has announced that X-Files will be back for a six-episode run, with stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson set to reprise their roles.

?I think of it as a 13-year commercial break,? Carter said. ?The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories.?

The series is set to begin in summer 2015 with an air date to be announced at a later time.

http://mashable.com/2015/03/24/x-files-returning-to-fox/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link

--

Ermahgerd, yes!

I don't even care that it's only six episodes. This rules.

I remember passing on the last season (maybe even the last 2?) cause they were so bad, the second movie was also not very good (propably cause it was just a generic Thriller named "X-Files").

So I am cautious on this news.

Not letting Nostalgia screw my expectations :D

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Fox is negotiating with creator Chris Carter and stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson for another round of new X-Files episodes, network executives announced during the Television Critics Association fall previews Monday.

Fox is "in significant talks with the three principals," Fox Entertainment President David Madden said.

After nearly 14 years off the air, The X-Files returned for a limited run earlier this year, to high ratings and mixed reviews. Some critics noted the awkwardness of the show having to reset and reintroduce itself after its long hiatus, a problem that Fox CEO Dana Walden says the series would not have in future episodes.

"The show was off the air for a very long time," says Walden. "They had the challenge of filling in the mythology. ... Going forward there won't be the same obligation to reset the series."

http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-x-files-new-episodes-fox/?ftag=TVG_Twitter

• 1 year later...

Archived