Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Bang Your Head to the Heavy Metal & Rock Thread

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Just got sent a phenomenal recommendation from a buddy of mine who works at eOne Heavy:

It's hard to classify with precision, but I'm reminded of bands like Ghost Brigade, Type O Negative, and even Deftones here.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Mite Division Chasm's Avatar
    Lunar Shadow - (Epic) Heavy Metal from Germany

Growing Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasm View Post
    Lunar Shadow - (Epic) Heavy Metal from Germany
    Kind of reminds me of what a Blind Guardian demo from the 80's might sound like.

swamped Midget Division
    For metalheads, I like the KUPD livestream out of Phoenix. Morning deejays are definitely not suitable for work, but earphones take care of that potential trip to sensitivity training.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

The artist formerly known as Mr. Smith Junior Division
    Been absolutely loving this album lately.

Hidden Content

Did everything just taste purple for a second?

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division
    Popped this CD in the car yesterday.

20 years ago today....20!!!
    This album was released.

Ironically been listening to it the past few evenings working out....

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Last edited by Parsley; 07-01-2017 at 10:17 PM.

Well, since my taste in music is basically stuck in the late-90s I was happy to stumble across this new collaboration recently. Powerflo.
    We got Sen Dog from Cypress Hill on vocals, Billy G. from Biohazard on occasional vocals and guitar and Christian Olde Wolbers from Fear Factory on bass. As a huge fan of both Biohazard and Cypress Hill growing up this again takes me back to the good ol' days. Obviously, this isn't some new formula but surely enjoyable for those of us stuck in the past.

Last edited by Parsley; 07-25-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

New MANSON comes out in October. Here's the first single released. Obviously, by the title of the song its NSFW.
    I like it, song starts off a bit tame but picks up.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    I listened to the new Manson song and I'm still kind of on the fence with it. Its been a while since he put out something I liked.

Bang Your Head to the Heavy Metal & Rock Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    I listened to the new Manson song and I'm still kind of on the fence with it. Its been a while since he put out something I liked.
    Funny thing for me is I didn't get into him personally until Mechanical Animals. Meanwhile one of my best friends growing up loved his earliest stuff in the mid-90s (along with bands like KMFDM and NIN) and I personally wasn't into that sound at the time. (It was bands like Korn and Deftones for me).

I'm surprised I've taken such a liking to him as I've grown older. His past 3 albums I've really enjoyed.

//reported Junior Division
    I haven't listened to a Manson album since Antichrist Superstar. That album is fucking incredible, and so was Portrait of an American Family...
    As was the weird 17 track "ep" that had Sweet Dreams on it...Smells Like Children.

Manson's music was with me throughout my formidable years and he did stuff in those first three albums that I'd never heard other artists do: use the same lyrics or guitar part in different songs and different albums. I can't think of any good examples, but I swear they were there.
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Um, I just listened to Slayer's Diabolus In Musica.

On topic, I heard Manson's kind of old and fat now. Dude has not aged well, but I guess his music has.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AliveIn94 View Post
    Um, I just listened to Slayer's Diabolus In Musica.

On topic, I heard Manson's kind of old and fat now. Dude has not aged well, but I guess his music has.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Manson is nearly 50 years old. Considering what hell he has probably put his body through over the past 3 decades I'm surprised he's holding up this well, especially his voice.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    Funny thing for me is I didn't get into him personally until Mechanical Animals. Meanwhile one of my best friends growing up loved his earliest stuff in the mid-90s (along with bands like KMFDM and NIN) and I personally wasn't into that sound at the time. (It was bands like Korn and Deftones for me).

I'm surprised I've taken such a liking to him as I've grown older. His past 3 albums I've really enjoyed.
    Mechanical Animals for me pushed me off Manson. His first 3 were amazing, and I felt like that was such a drop from Antichrist that I didn't like it. From then on he had some good songs here and there, it I feel like he hasn't put out an album since Antichrist that I can listen to from start to finish and like every song.

Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    Mechanical Animals for me pushed me off Manson. His first 3 were amazing, and I felt like that was such a drop from Antichrist that I didn't like it. From then on he had some good songs here and there, it I feel like he hasn't put out an album since Antichrist that I can listen to from start to finish and like every song.
    I've heard that from others too. I can understand it.

It's the change that probably, for some reason drew me into his music more.

Bang Your Head to the Heavy Metal & Rock Thread

So, Primus released a new album based on a children's book "The Rainbow Goblins". Typical odd yet intriguing stuff.

After researching the book it was notorious for giving kids nightmares even though the true meaning of the story had a "good message".

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...new-lp-w494798

https://youtu.be/kZVToL4LhDQ

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122