• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bang Your Head to the Heavy Metal & Rock Thread

Phil

Saw candiria and E-town at Starland on Saturday. Shit was pretty crazy...cant believe E-town has been doing it for 20 years.

Seriously? E town is still playing? I'm intrigued to hear some new stuff. They went to shit after the first two albums..

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm probably the only one here who cares lol, but Avenged Sevenfold just released a new single. Next album should be out in the next couple of months. Sounds a bit more City of Evil than their newer stuff, which is a good thing. Hopefully it's a lot more Danny Elfman than Metallica this time around.

• 3 weeks later...
Another new Metallica song, sounds awesome.

Also, if you haven't heard the new Korn album, its a great album. I have been listening to it on repeat since it came out.

I still need to get the new Korn. I've been listening to a few new songs via youtube but really want to get the whole play through and not while I'm distracted doing other things. It's almost a shame Korn and Metallica are both putting out new albums so close in time. Add to that (personally) one of my favorite bands from the 90s-2000s Candiria just released a new album for the first time in over 5 years.

I still need to get the new Korn. I've been listening to a few new songs via youtube but really want to get the whole play through and not while I'm distracted doing other things. It's almost a shame Korn and Metallica are both putting out new albums so close in time. Add to that (personally) one of my favorite bands from the 90s-2000s Candiria just released a new album for the first time in over 5 years.

Yeah, I wish Korn would have come out about a month earlier than it did. I hate this where bands release a couple of songs and the release date is still so far away. The album is done, put it out. It's a great listen to from start to finish. There are 3 bonus songs out there as well, 2 from a deluxe version and one from the Japan release, and even those are pretty good.

• 3 weeks later...
Damn, HARDWIRED... TO SELF-DESTRUCT is really cool. There are some lulls, but it's a near 80 minute record and trip through Metallica history in terms of sound. Some seriously fantastic tracks on it and Spit Out The Bone is an instant classic. If you want to hear just one song, that's the one. It's mayhem, satisfying mayhem.

Damn, HARDWIRED... TO SELF-DESTRUCT is really cool. There are some lulls, but it's a near 80 minute record and trip through Metallica history in terms of sound. Some seriously fantastic tracks on it and Spit Out The Bone is an instant classic. If you want to hear just one song, that's the one. It's mayhem, satisfying mayhem.

Have to agree, Spit Out the Bone is the best song on the album. I love it, I got the 3 disc set that has a couple of covers and Lords of Summer, which is a sick song too. Hardwired is the shortest song on the album at almost 4 minutes, and everything else is the old school 6-8 minute song. They are doing a North American Tour next year, but I heard its a stadium tour, was hoping they would do the Garden or Barclays instead of MetLife Stadium, hopefully they will. MetLife is a pain in the ass to get to and get out of.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
New AFI is fire. So is the new Mastoson track that dropped this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Waiting for the new AFI to come in at my library. I kind of gave up on them after Decemberunderground. That album and on have been terrible. I hear the sound on this album has gone back to their old sound, so I'll give it a listen.

• 1 month later...

Just got sent a phenomenal recommendation from a buddy of mine who works at eOne Heavy:

It's hard to classify with precision, but I'm reminded of bands like Ghost Brigade, Type O Negative, and even Deftones here.