• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bang Your Head to the Heavy Metal & Rock Thread

Phil

Man, the In Absentia Dei livestreamed concert Behemoth put on this past weekend was incredible. Just laced with blasphemy, of course, but so well-produced. It was basically a live concert shot inside a Polish church (because of course it was), interwoven with a short film.

Some of the stills should do a better job than I am describing this. I believe the event is only available to stream (Director's Cut) after the fact until the 9th, so if you're interested, get on it. It's worth every penny.

EhXSk1dWsAAlsUl?format=jpg&name=small

EhXSk2GXkAAydHO?format=jpg&name=small

EhXSk59XYAANoeP?format=jpg&name=small

EhXSk7lWoAY4pic?format=jpg&name=small

• 4 weeks later...
On October 16, Sweden Rock Magazine met Tobias Forge in the studio in Sweden where he is writing and doing pre-production for GHOST's fifth album.

"The plan now is for me to be here [in the studio] writing for another two months until Christmas," Forge said, according to an English-language translation provided to BLABBERMOUTH.NET by Sweden Rock Magazine. "The idea is for the album to be recorded in January. The actual recording will last around six weeks and then there's two to three weeks of mixing and mastering. So sometime in March the record should be finished, but it won't be released until after the summer. As it looks now, knock on wood, we will then go on tour. We won't release an album until we know that we are actually going on tour. The album release will coincide with the start of a tour. Of course, we could announce an album release date and then, for some reason, it might not be possible to tour, but that's a whole other matter."

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ghost-to-enter-studio-in-january-new-album-tentatively-due-in-late-2021/

• 2 weeks later...

FUCK YEAH

NEW>>>>SOAD!!!!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/system-of-a-down-new-songs-protect-the-land-genocidal-humanoidz-1085942/

It took a war for System of a Down to record new music. After seeing the country of Azerbaijan start a conflict with Armenia in September, the musicians, who are all of Armenian descent, rushed into the studio to record two new songs, “Protect the Land” and “Genocidal Humanoidz,” to draw attention to the crisis in their ancestral homeland.

The band will donate proceeds from the songs, which come out Friday, to aid Armenians, and it is soliciting fans to donate to the Armenia Fund, which provides humanitarian relief to the region. Both songs are available on the group’s Bandcamp page.

I wasn't impressed with Protect the land, it didn't sound good, and the singing wasn't on I feel. Genocidal is a little bit better, but you can tell there is something missing and both songs feel forced. Its a shame, I used to love them, their first album was amazing, but I felt as they went on, each album kind of dropped off for me and lost the sound they originally had.

I wasn't impressed with Protect the land, it didn't sound good, and the singing wasn't on I feel. Genocidal is a little bit better, but you can tell there is something missing and both songs feel forced. Its a shame, I used to love them, their first album was amazing, but I felt as they went on, each album kind of dropped off for me and lost the sound they originally had.

Interesting.

While I agree Genocidal is better than Protect the Land....one is good while the other is great. I think the sound isn't far off from the early 2000s. I could be biased and swayed by nostalgia.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Figured I would post this here since its metal/rock music released. Amazon Prime has a new series called Paradise City that is a follow-up to the movie American Satan. The movie is available for free on the Tubi app, and is about a band that goes to LA and makes a deal with the Devil to become the biggest band, and what they have to do to hold up their end of the bargain. There are a lot of big names in both the movie and show. The lead singer is Andy Bierserk from Black Vail Brides and the guitarist is Ben from Asking Alexandria, they are in both the movie and the series. The series has Randy Blyth and Sid from Slipknott as characters as well. They even put out an album with songs by the band in it. This is all being created by Sumerian Records, and is the first show that basically doesn't have a major studio involved, so they are free to do what they want. It's a pretty good show, just wouldn't watch it with kids around.

• 2 months later...