• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bang Your Head to the Heavy Metal & Rock Thread

Phil

Candiria:

Crazy mix of metal/jazz/hip hop/etc

They are one of my all time favorites. I still have my surrealistic madness t shirt from about 20 years ago.

I've since turned into an old curmudgeon. i just can't get into new music anymore.

This is the only newer music i have actually enjoyed in a while and even this is a couple of years old.

Sorry late to this one.

I know I'm showing my age, but you simply can't have ANY metal without......

[video=youtube;-7rpoZE8X8Y]

of course. you can't go wrong with classic slayer.

some good mentions in this thread-

Deftones

Pantera

The Dillinger Escape Plan

Sleep

I don't know if any of you listen to torche but they have some really heavy stuff and some oddly poppy stuff too. One of their heavier tunes.

the first time i saw them was at irving plaza and that place was rumbling.

They are one of my all time favorites. I still have my surrealistic madness t shirt from about 20 years ago.

I've since turned into an old curmudgeon. i just can't get into new music anymore.

Same here. I can't stand the new metal out today. I haven't bought anything new in a while. I try listening to Octane on XM, and its all garbage. Lyrically, its all garbage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Three more songs in addition to the official release of "Cirice" have also hit the net:

"From the Pinnacle to the Pit"

"Majesty"

"Absolution"

Suffice it to say, this record is gonna be amazing. :thumbs:

New tracks are right here, Chris. They're amazing.

"He Is" is also being released (officially) soon. They've been teasing it on Facebook and Twitter the last few days.

• Like 1

Cranked up some old school Korn this evening....Man did I love the pre-2000 stuff from them. I must say my teens were filled with some awesome music.

[video=youtube;xkn0BZN-mNY]

I love Korn still. They are going on tour and playing the self titled album in its entirety. They are playing Irving Plaza, would love to go, but I wont be able to get off work that night. I wish they were playing a couole of shows in the area, I'm dying to hear Daddy played live.

We had the best music growing up, all the new shit today is terrible. I hate todays music, nothing like what we had, bo passion, just music to make record companies happy.

I love Korn still. They are going on tour and playing the self titled album in its entirety. They are playing Irving Plaza, would love to go, but I wont be able to get off work that night. I wish they were playing a couole of shows in the area, I'm dying to hear Daddy played live.

We had the best music growing up, all the new shit today is terrible. I hate todays music, nothing like what we had, bo passion, just music to make record companies happy.

:word:

I never saw Korn live. I still have a chance....I should act on it.

edit: unfortunately those dates are horrible for me. Not like 15 years ago when going to a concert was easy. Damn priorities as an adult suck.

:word:

I never saw Korn live. I still have a chance....I should act on it.

edit: unfortunately those dates are horrible for me. Not like 15 years ago when going to a concert was easy. Damn priorities as an adult suck.

LOL, Im with you. I wanted to go to Manson/Smashing Pumpkins, but its expensive and I dont want to go to Jones Beach to see them. I have been to about 14 Korn shows, Ive only seen Metallica more, they are like 19 times. I tell my wife all the time all the shows I have been to, now, if I go to one every couple of years thats alot. What sucks even more is that she doesnt listen to metal, so Im on my own if I want to go to a show now.

LOL, Im with you. I wanted to go to Manson/Smashing Pumpkins, but its expensive and I dont want to go to Jones Beach to see them. I have been to about 14 Korn shows, Ive only seen Metallica more, they are like 19 times. I tell my wife all the time all the shows I have been to, now, if I go to one every couple of years thats alot. What sucks even more is that she doesnt listen to metal, so Im on my own if I want to go to a show now.

I hear ya. I've dragged my wife to MANY Clutch and Sick of It All shows over the years, but once we had kids that ended. She was a good sport about going though pre-kids. At this point I need something to land in my lap with close location AND a weekend date to really have a chance at going. Deftones are at Jones Beach next week, but it's a weeknight.

Limp Bizkit came through my area last October, but on a Tuesday night.

I hear ya. I've dragged my wife to MANY Clutch and Sick of It All shows over the years, but once we had kids that ended. She was a good sport about going though pre-kids. At this point I need something to land in my lap with close location AND a weekend date to really have a chance at going. Deftones are at Jones Beach next week, but it's a weeknight.

Limp Bizkit came through my area last October, but on a Tuesday night.

Jones Beach got really expensive for tickets the past 2 years, and the other problem is that if it rains, its a miserable night there. They finally started taking seats out for a floor, but its a metal floor, so Im sure its hot as balls there. I also hate that you can't get a beer there, yet you can get one at the concession stands outside the theater.