• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bang Your Head to the Heavy Metal & Rock Thread

Phil

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, since my taste in music is basically stuck in the late-90s I was happy to stumble across this new collaboration recently. Powerflo.

We got Sen Dog from Cypress Hill on vocals, Billy G. from Biohazard on occasional vocals and guitar and Christian Olde Wolbers from Fear Factory on bass. As a huge fan of both Biohazard and Cypress Hill growing up this again takes me back to the good ol' days. Obviously, this isn't some new formula but surely enjoyable for those of us stuck in the past.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I listened to the new Manson song and I'm still kind of on the fence with it. Its been a while since he put out something I liked.

Funny thing for me is I didn't get into him personally until Mechanical Animals. Meanwhile one of my best friends growing up loved his earliest stuff in the mid-90s (along with bands like KMFDM and NIN) and I personally wasn't into that sound at the time. (It was bands like Korn and Deftones for me).

I'm surprised I've taken such a liking to him as I've grown older. His past 3 albums I've really enjoyed.

I haven't listened to a Manson album since Antichrist Superstar. That album is fucking incredible, and so was Portrait of an American Family...

As was the weird 17 track "ep" that had Sweet Dreams on it...Smells Like Children.

Manson's music was with me throughout my formidable years and he did stuff in those first three albums that I'd never heard other artists do: use the same lyrics or guitar part in different songs and different albums. I can't think of any good examples, but I swear they were there.

Um, I just listened to Slayer's Diabolus In Musica.

On topic, I heard Manson's kind of old and fat now. Dude has not aged well, but I guess his music has.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Manson is nearly 50 years old. Considering what hell he has probably put his body through over the past 3 decades I'm surprised he's holding up this well, especially his voice.

Funny thing for me is I didn't get into him personally until Mechanical Animals. Meanwhile one of my best friends growing up loved his earliest stuff in the mid-90s (along with bands like KMFDM and NIN) and I personally wasn't into that sound at the time. (It was bands like Korn and Deftones for me).

I'm surprised I've taken such a liking to him as I've grown older. His past 3 albums I've really enjoyed.

Mechanical Animals for me pushed me off Manson. His first 3 were amazing, and I felt like that was such a drop from Antichrist that I didn't like it. From then on he had some good songs here and there, it I feel like he hasn't put out an album since Antichrist that I can listen to from start to finish and like every song.

Mechanical Animals for me pushed me off Manson. His first 3 were amazing, and I felt like that was such a drop from Antichrist that I didn't like it. From then on he had some good songs here and there, it I feel like he hasn't put out an album since Antichrist that I can listen to from start to finish and like every song.

I've heard that from others too. I can understand it.

It's the change that probably, for some reason drew me into his music more.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

So, Primus released a new album based on a children's book "The Rainbow Goblins". Typical odd yet intriguing stuff.

After researching the book it was notorious for giving kids nightmares even though the true meaning of the story had a "good message".

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/primus-les-claypool-on-mining-trippy-childrens-book-for-new-lp-w494798

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I actually caught Dethklok when they toured. It was one of he coolest shows ever. They played with a giant screen that ran the cartoon the whole time, including an entire segment dedicated to Murderface needing to leave the live stage to take a shit.

I actually caught Dethklok when they toured. It was one of he coolest shows ever. They played with a giant screen that ran the cartoon the whole time, including an entire segment dedicated to Murderface needing to leave the live stage to take a shit.

would have loved to see that show, good for you