• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bang Your Head to the Heavy Metal & Rock Thread

Phil

Jones Beach got really expensive for tickets the past 2 years, and the other problem is that if it rains, its a miserable night there. They finally started taking seats out for a floor, but its a metal floor, so Im sure its hot as balls there. I also hate that you can't get a beer there, yet you can get one at the concession stands outside the theater.

I've only seen one show there and lucked out with good weather. I can see how miserable it could be there though.

Ghost's new record Meliora is now available to stream in its entirety!

--

I've listened to this like four times today, and I'm feeling the holy hell (all pun intended) out of "He Is", "Mummy Dust" and "Deus In Absentia".

This record is far and away their most complete to date.

Ghost acoustic set from the Rough Trade performance and meet-and-greet yesterday.

Amazingly nice dudes. Line was out the door and around the block to meet them and have them sign records/CD's, yet they still took an extra 60 seconds or so to shake every fans' hands and have a little small talk. I even got Papa and one of the Ghouls to laugh when I asked him when the official Church of Ghost was opening so I knew where to send my donations.

Chris, wish you could have come, bud. You'd have been on cloud nine. Venue was nice and small, so it was really intimate. The best way to see acts like this while they're still relatively small enough to do so.

I'd imagine that'll all change by the fourth record. They're already getting huge within the metal and hard rock community.

Wish Clutch would atleast do one album that went back to their roots. Last few albums all sound the same to me. Still love em.

I hear ya. I've been a fan since the mid-90s and I loved the fast/loud stuff. But, with age they "evolved" (as people like to say). I enjoy the stuff they put out still, but I LOVED the first few albums they released. I'm glad they are still around, that's for sure.

How about a trip down memory lane:

• Like 1

That's OK. It's not for everyone. Lots of people, Kerry King of Slayer included, love the look and the message, but can't stand the music.

I never understood the hype for Megadeth.

Didn't mean to start the downfall of the thread. This can go very wrong when opinions are brought in.. Caught myself from criticizing bands already posted. Can we make a rule now to just post videos and such? I can see people getting very pissy if we go down the route of disliking bands. Metal can be a very sensitive subject. LMAO.

Nah, no worries. I'm just saying, it's nothing I haven't heard before. I've shown Ghost to a lot of people, and it's usually a mixed reaction. People either love it, or don't get it at all. Most think the image and the act (the theatrics) are amazing.

No need for rules against negative reaction. As long as the criticisms aren't just ripping bands to take shots at users, it's fine.

I hear ya. I've been a fan since the mid-90s and I loved the fast/loud stuff. But, with age they "evolved" (as people like to say). I enjoy the stuff they put out still, but I LOVED the first few albums they released. I'm glad they are still around, that's for sure.

How about a trip down memory lane:

Oh definitely. Regulator is my favorite song by them. But stuff like Juggernaut, Impetus, and all that is definitely missed. Never got why they completely turned their backs on that stuff. Its not like they sold out. Not like they outgrew it. They cite hardcore bands as their influences.. Why not a heavy as fuck song here or there? Ahh well.