• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bang Your Head to the Heavy Metal & Rock Thread

Phil

I'm trying to "branch out a bit" with the metal lately, primarily listening to newer (atleast to me) music during my workouts. Stumbled across several bands through Pandora that I've been listening to quite a bit in recent weeks.

Soulfly (who've been around forever) really caught my ear. Going off their Pandora station a newer band to me that I've enjoyed are Devildriver. Lamb of God (talked about alot here) come up quite often on that station as well.

None of those bands are new. They've been send like twenty years. Each. Haha!

Yup. When I started watching some videos on YouTube and saw the age of the lead singers I laughed. Bands like Soulfly and Devildriver have also has massive turnover with members of the band over the years from what I've seen.

Atleast for me, it's something "new" to listen to and it's nice they have already put out tons of music over the years.

Did you ever like Sepultura? Soulfly came of them via Max Cavalera.

Yeah. I remember them from back in the day. They were on the Demon Night soundtrack I had back in the mid-90s. I've been listening to alot of Max's Soulfly stuff lately. Loving Primitive (2000) right now. I also remember Max doing a track or two with Chino over the years. One of my favorite Deftones songs of all time HEADUP he's on.

I didn't. Parsley might. He's really into the more hip-hop infused style that came out of the 90's, which is why Limp Bizkit is his favorite group.

--

In thread-related news, new Katatonia!

I didn't. Parsley might. He's really into the more hip-hop infused style that came out of the 90's, which is why Limp Bizkit is his favorite group.

Yeah, I don't my the recommendations. You know my preferences well, 90s nu-metal and NYC hardcore are at the top of the list.

I'm really pumped for the new Deftones album next week.

• 3 weeks later...
Contemplating seeing Clutch in a few weeks nearby but they aren't headlining, Lamb of God is.

I guess I could always leave after their set. CoC is also performing.

Saw C.O.C.. In December. Still a great show. I'm thinking of going to this show too. But I haven't been following the headliners of this show for a few years now.

Love Clutch, but they've become a bit bland to me. While Lamb of God kinda lost me due to a bit of a lack of interest in their body of work. I do hear the last album was pretty good though.

Saw C.O.C.. In December. Still a great show. I'm thinking of going to this show too. But I haven't been following the headliners of this show for a few years now.

Love Clutch, but they've become a bit bland to me. While Lamb of God kinda lost me due to a bit of a lack of interest in their body of work. I do hear the last album was pretty good though.

Yeah, I'm probably going to pass on this after thinking about it. Doesn't help its on a Sunday night and the fact Clutch isn't headlining makes me feel like the cost isn't worth it. They are always touring anyway, so I'll likely be able to catch them again within the next 12 months. I prefer small venues too.

that shit is right up my alley. i can't stand this synth sound, and these guys are just abusing the d (maybe they're dropped more), but i really can't help but bob my head along to this shit.

are they christian?

that shit is right up my alley. i can't stand this synth sound, and these guys are just abusing the d (maybe they're dropped more), but i really can't help but bob my head along to this shit.

are they christian?

I have no idea if they're Christian or not, but agree that they use too much synth. I'm actually liking them less the more I listen lol

I think they kind of remind me of Sonic Syndicate, who I hate but still kind of love lol

I have no idea if they're Christian or not, but agree that they use too much synth. I'm actually liking them less the more I listen lol

I think they kind of remind me of Sonic Syndicate, who I hate but still kind of love lol

yeah for me, metalcore can generally be summed up as, "this is terrible, but i can't stop listening to it."

i love me some christian metalcore - august burns red, beartooth, norma jean.