Thread: Some Pre-Deadline Requests

ಠ_ಠ BSBH Legend

Some Pre-Deadline Requests

There is going to be a lot of traffic on the site, so understand things will probably be a little slow.

With that said, you can help reduce the stress on the site, and the stress on the Staff by doing a few really important things:

1. Don't clog threads with immediate reactions like "wow", "whoa", etc. These are stream of consciousness posts anyway, and really don't help. They just add to the load on the site. Instead, take a moment to collect your thoughts and post something a little more relevant to the actual trade.

2. Don't race to post the trade, especially if you're just trying to be the first to get it up and won't get the thread title right, or source it properly anyway. If it's important, it'll get posted, and we'll all be watching the same shows and following the same tweets.

3. Speaking of tweets, QUADRUPLE CHECK your accounts. There are a million fake accounts this time of year, and it's just irritating and cumbersome for the Staff to have to delete those posts and threads after having to determine whether what you posted was legitimate or not, simply because you wouldn't. Please, please, please make sure you are following verified accounts.

Thanks,
    Phil
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

ಠ_ಠ BSBH Legend
    Just a quick update/additional request here:

If and when the server is slammed, as it may be from time-to-time today, the solution is simple — WAIT. The more you angrily click click click, trying to get the site to load, the worse you make the situation. The reason it would be hung up is simply over concurrent connections — literally the number of people requesting the site at the exact same time. Just have patience. Take a breath and calmly click a few seconds later.

The best analogy I could give you is that the forum server is like the doors to MSG. If 18,000 people try rushing them, there is going to be chaos. If those same 18,000 calmly wait their turn to get through, everyone will eventually get in to see the game in a timely manner without injury or issue.

I understand everyone wants information nownownow, but that's what Twitter is for. This forum is to actually discuss these trades, not to provide you with an instantaneous feed of every deal made. Please have patience. Thanks.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens