Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The Airing of Grievances: 2015 Edition

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Debating, and bickering is about proving your point. More people need Philly's thick skin. It's the internet, shit's gonna get out of control from time to time. I think for every outburst there are 10 other calmly discussed topics. The flare ups will always get the most attention.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    i can't read all of this, but i really wish i had stayed on top of this thread from the get go.

i would definitely add a new users forum instead of a single thread.
    most forums i belong to (a bunch) have this and it encourages more people to get their feet wet.

i know this was a topic discussed almost a month ago from page 2, but i wanted to offer my two cents.

i also skim over tons of posts from everyone cause you all bicker. you can call it debating, but to me, it looks like bickering. there's a lot of machoism going on where everyone appears to need to be right and prove someone else wrong. it's really off putting.

but i come with thick skin and i don't really care about that. i also would never encourage those who bicker to stop posting. so i have no solutions to offer, really...but sometimes, it's ok to walk away and not have the last word.

whatever
    Interesting. If what we do is bicker, what would you consider a debate? Explain the differences.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Should be able to put a mod on ignore
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Bump, for recent exchanges. The Calling All Posters thread is a more recent spin off than this one, but it's locked.

I want to publicly apologize for walking the infraction line, and causing bullshit for the mods to handle this morning. This thread, along with the Calling All Posters thread, are good to clear the air, and reset ourselves a little before things get further out of hand and carried into other threads.

Playoff time is very intense, and we as fans can get as pumped up from an adrenaline rush just as the players themselves do. That in itself can cause heated arguments, insults, and irrational posts directed at the team, players, and posters.

Most of you know me well enough, so I don't feel the need to go through how or why I come to make some insulting posts, as you can just read back in this thread and figure it out from there. Lol. We've had these discussions on here before about intimidation towards new posters, calling guys out, the "I told you so" posters, etc. Again, I think both old and new posters should read back this thread, because I think it explains a lot of guys personalities and traits on here. The internet is a tricky place with misunderstandings, and things taken in the wrong context, as well as reading posts from certain users with vitriol because we get to know each other too well.

Lets focus on the Rangers winning, and try not to be assholes.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Should be able to put a mod on ignore
    If Vodka and I can bury the hatchet, anyone can.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post

brotha

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post

brotha

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Holy soft
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

The Airing of Grievances: 2015 Edition

Not what your wife said

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Not what your wife said

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    I keep a small bottle of Absolut in the bedroom ... to rinse my gum shield with from time to time.
    all those minty mouthwashes get a bit annoying sometimes
    Wife doesn't even blink
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Holy soft

Bitches

//reported Junior Division
    Circle jerkers.
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Change thread title to "Airing of Panties" ...
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Hahaha so I went back and read the entire thing. A lot of good points and a lot of people who seem to need thicker skin, which actually was mentioned. I'm on a time crunch to make this post and I am not going to be able to say everything I want and by the time I get back to work tomorrow to post again I will have forgotten everything anyway. So in a nutshell, I like this place, I have been here for a decent amount of time but I don't post as much as I read. Not because I don't feel comfortable or because I am scared. I do it because I don't like to waste other people's time with a post in a topic I may not know enough about to make...if that makes sense. I've been playing for over 25 years so I may know the game of hockey itself, but, personally I don't feel I know a lot about the background of the NHL as a business like a lot of you do. The money stuff. Same with analytics. I don't really care to know so that is why I don't tend to post in those threads. I stay out of the stuff I don't know. I don't like to look stupid so I tend to not put myself in a situation to make myself look stupid. Simple as that. That's how I felt when I was new and that's how I still feel today. I realized there are a lot of people here that know a lot about all aspects of the game of hockey so who am I to question that? I'm not going to be afraid to join in, I am just not going to be the one to drag down a conversation. I don't feel like I am left out nor do I feel like I am kept to the outside by others. Like Mikey said, its the internet, don't take everything so seriously. Ok I am outta here for the night, will be back tomorrow. Have a good night gents, LGR.

Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    Hahaha so I went back and read the entire thing. A lot of good points and a lot of people who seem to need thicker skin, which actually was mentioned. I'm on a time crunch to make this post and I am not going to be able to say everything I want and by the time I get back to work tomorrow to post again I will have forgotten everything anyway. So in a nutshell, I like this place, I have been here for a decent amount of time but I don't post as much as I read. Not because I don't feel comfortable or because I am scared. I do it because I don't like to waste other people's time with a post in a topic I may not know enough about to make...if that makes sense. I've been playing for over 25 years so I may know the game of hockey itself, but, personally I don't feel I know a lot about the background of the NHL as a business like a lot of you do. The money stuff. Same with analytics. I don't really care to know so that is why I don't tend to post in those threads. I stay out of the stuff I don't know. I don't like to look stupid so I tend to not put myself in a situation to make myself look stupid. Simple as that. That's how I felt when I was new and that's how I still feel today. I realized there are a lot of people here that know a lot about all aspects of the game of hockey so who am I to question that? I'm not going to be afraid to join in, I am just not going to be the one to drag down a conversation. I don't feel like I am left out nor do I feel like I am kept to the outside by others. Like Mikey said, its the internet, don't take everything so seriously. Ok I am outta here for the night, will be back tomorrow. Have a good night gents, LGR.
    Agree with all of this. I feel the same way about the bolded.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910