Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 194

Thread: The Airing of Grievances: 2015 Edition

  1. #1
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,745
    Rep Power
    112

    The Airing of Grievances: 2015 Edition

    Do people really buy jerseys of former players?

    -----

    MOD NOTE: These posts were taken out of Ed's Jersey thread to keep that thread on track.

    However, there are issues to be attended to, and we're going to use this thread to take care of that business.
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  2. #2
    The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Morphinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,333
    Rep Power
    351
    Yes, they do. As Ed said, sometimes you can pull off the nameplate and numbering too.

    Was that really necessary?

  3. #3
    (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    Keirik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9,287
    Rep Power
    108
    That McD jersey is nowhere near authentic

  4. #4
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,745
    Rep Power
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Yes, they do. As Ed said, sometimes you can pull off the nameplate and numbering too. Was that really necessary?
    Was what necessary? It was an honest question, I just find it surprising people would go out to buy a Richards jersey just to take off the name plate and numbers to put someone else on. Anything else you would like to troll me about?
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Midget Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,955
    Rep Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing Teeth View Post
    Was what necessary? It was an honest question, I just find it surprising people would go out to buy a Richards jersey just to take off the name plate and numbers to put someone else on. Anything else you would like to troll me about?
    Not trying to egg you on here, but if it saves people money, why not? Id love to own an authentic jersey instead of the shitty store bought one I have with iron on numbers instead of real stitching. Though they have made great progress in the look of the iron on ones. Nothing is as nice as real stitched letters and numbers on a REAL jersey.

    Switching a nameplate could cost $5-$10 per letter.

    If bought new.... the $200 blank jersey and what ever the numbers cost (likely $30 per large number and $5-10 per on sleeves)...... its a lot of money.

    And why not buy an old players jersey? Callahan as a captain was a staple on this team for years. No Messier, but a Ranger icon for sure.

  6. #6
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,745
    Rep Power
    112
    I just feel like it's too much trouble to go through all of that when you can just get a brand new one mailed to your house. As for former players, yes I can see Callahan as he is sort of a staple since he was a captain but Richards?
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  7. #7
    Senior Member Midget Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,955
    Rep Power
    41
    The difference in putting in effort to save a hundred or two to have a stupid hockey jersey is how some people have to live.

    Kinda ignorant statement there man. Times are hard.

    Agree on Richards. But that Richards jersey for 100 bucks could be turned into a Fast jersey at a fraction of the cost.

  8. #8
    Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    74,851
    Rep Power
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    The difference in putting in effort to save a hundred or two to have a stupid hockey jersey is how some people have to live.

    Kinda ignorant statement there man. Times are hard.

    Agree on Richards. But that Richards jersey for 100 bucks could be turned into a Fast jersey at a fraction of the cost.
    Times are hard? Then, IMO, don't spend money on luxuries like jerseys.

    When times are really tough, no one is buying a Fast jersey,

    Funny to call anyone else's statement ignorant, then talk about people in tough times buying a Fast jersey,

  9. #9
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mikey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,098
    Rep Power
    274
    I can't stop laughing for some reason.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  10. #10
    (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    Keirik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9,287
    Rep Power
    108
    Times area tough. Soup kitchen, government cheese, and Jesper

  11. #11
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,745
    Rep Power
    112
    Lol this is great.
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  12. #12
    I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    AmericanJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    19,464
    Rep Power
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    I can't stop laughing for some reason.
    Maybe because you think it's funny that the usual suspects feel the need to jump all over a guy for trying to help people who might not be able to or want to spend hundreds on a jersey to still get/make one for themselves that's close enough for them. This thread got derailed on the first reply. Unnecessarily.

  13. #13
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mikey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,098
    Rep Power
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    Maybe because you think it's funny that the usual suspects feel the need to jump all over a guy for trying to help people who might not be able to or want to spend hundreds on a jersey to still get/make one for themselves that's close enough for them. This thread got derailed on the first reply. Unnecessarily.
    It wasn't derailed. I asked a question, he answered it. If you have $109 to blow on a jersey, you should have another 50 somewhere to get a new one. A $3 stitch remover, plus time, plus buying the new plate, and letters = not worth it, imo.

    Getting a discount on a former player, that you'll wear - worth it.

    Even Ed pointed out mistakes on the jersey. Why pay for something that you know is fucked up? Do you buy shirts that are missing buttons?
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  14. #14
    (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    Keirik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9,287
    Rep Power
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    Maybe because you think it's funny that the usual suspects feel the need to jump all over a guy for trying to help people who might not be able to or want to spend hundreds on a jersey to still get/make one for themselves that's close enough for them. This thread got derailed on the first reply. Unnecessarily.
    That's fine and all but he's also calling them authentic, when they aren't. Just need to be a bit honest here since we are talking about people who might or might not spend money based on this.

  15. #15
    I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    AmericanJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    19,464
    Rep Power
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    It wasn't derailed. I asked a question, he answered it. If you have $109 to blow on a jersey, you should have another 50 somewhere to get a new one. A $3 stitch remover, plus time, plus buying the new plate, and letters = not worth it, imo.

    Getting a discount on a former player, that you'll wear - worth it.

    Even Ed pointed out mistakes on the jersey. Why pay for something that you know is fucked up? Do you buy shirts that are missing buttons?
    It started on the path to derailment. Some people do have $100 to spend on something, but $180 is too much for them. Or they'd just rather pay $100 for something of similar quality to something that cost $180 (when talking about a Richards jersey from NHL.com and converting it). And you can some times find much cheaper jerseys than that on E bay I would imagine.

    Why do people buy a shirt with missing buttons? Because that's what some people can afford. Some people buy clothes with missing buttons and then have to sew on new ones.

    Most important though, why do you and Missing Teeth, among others have to come to a thread like this and talk down to people who, for what ever reason, want to do this? Why can't you guys just let folks talk about something they'd like to talk about with out belittling them? Because that's what you've done. Basically asked them why they're being too cheap to fork over the money for an authentic jersey. And implying that their options should be to buy a new one if they want a current player, or else go without because they're too poor.

    At least that's how it came across.

  16. #16
    I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    AmericanJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    19,464
    Rep Power
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    That's fine and all but he's also calling them authentic, when they aren't. Just need to be a bit honest here since we are talking about people who might or might not spend money based on this.
    I believe he's saying the jersey is authentic, the lettering was done after and he comments that it was done poorly. Since I believe the point of the post was to remove the lettering and get new lettering put on, not sure why that would be an issue. I don't know much about jerseys, myself, but he goes into depth explaining different versions. So if you want to participate in this thread because you think he's passing wrong information, it's completely welcomed, but then, explain why you think the jersey isn't authentic.

    In short, you said this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    That McD jersey is nowhere near authentic
    After he outlines it all in the third post in this thread:

    http://www.blueshirtsbrotherhood.com...l=1#post739541

    If you're disputing what he's saying here, then offer up some proof. You come across like you're just calling him a liar. To be clear, I don't know, you may be right. But he provides a lot of information and you don't counter with any.
    Last edited by AmericanJesus; 02-23-2015 at 01:19 PM.

  17. #17
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mikey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,098
    Rep Power
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    It started on the path to derailment. Some people do have $100 to spend on something, but $180 is too much for them. Or they'd just rather pay $100 for something of similar quality to something that cost $180 (when talking about a Richards jersey from NHL.com and converting it). And you can some times find much cheaper jerseys than that on E bay I would imagine.

    Why do people buy a shirt with missing buttons? Because that's what some people can afford. Some people buy clothes with missing buttons and then have to sew on new ones.

    Most important though, why do you and Missing Teeth, among others have to come to a thread like this and talk down to people who, for what ever reason, want to do this? Why can't you guys just let folks talk about something they'd like to talk about with out belittling them? Because that's what you've done. Basically asked them why they're being too cheap to fork over the money for an authentic jersey. And implying that their options should be to buy a new one if they want a current player, or else go without because they're too poor.

    At least that's how it came across.
    Again, I asked him a question, and he answered it. I didn't belittle him, or say he was lying, or didn't know what he was talking about. We're talking about a hockey jersey. So like Pete said, if you're scrounging to buy a jersey, maybe there are other things in life you need to address first. If those things are settled, and your life is comfortable for luxeries, then yes, you're being cheap. Sorry honesty is frowned upon here. And authentic $380 jerseys have fight straps. That's a real game jersey.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  18. #18
    \_(ツ)_/ BSBH Prospect
    Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,205
    Rep Power
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    Maybe because you think it's funny that the usual suspects feel the need to jump all over a guy for trying to help people who might not be able to or want to spend hundreds on a jersey to still get/make one for themselves that's close enough for them. This thread got derailed on the first reply. Unnecessarily.
    The forum will never reach it's potential because of things like this
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

    Regards,

    Patrick Bateman

    Sent from my iPhone

  19. #19
    I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    AmericanJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    19,464
    Rep Power
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Again, I asked him a question, and he answered it. I didn't belittle him, or say he was lying, or didn't know what he was talking about. We're talking about a hockey jersey. So like Pete said, if you're scrounging to buy a jersey, maybe there are other things in life you need to address first. If those things are settled, and your life is comfortable for luxeries, then yes, you're being cheap. Sorry honesty is frowned upon here. And authentic $380 jerseys have fight straps. That's a real game jersey.
    I just included you because your post was the 1st replied and it set off a chain of events. You've asked me in the past to be specific with you when I've got a problem with something you've posted, so that's what I did. It was your post that set the tone. We immediately saw others fall in line behind you.

    As to the second part, I'm someone who doesn't have a ton of disposable income right now because I just had a kid not too long ago, and she takes priority. However, I'm a huge Rangers fan. So when I go to a game, I do it when I can get tickets cheaply. That means I go to see them play Vancouver instead of against the Islanders. I wear one of two unlettered jerseys to games that I got a couple of decades ago. I won a bootleg Callahan Winter Classic jersey at the boardwalk. When I wanted to get my daughter a little jersey, I got a $15 Richards one from NHL.com rather than a $45 Lundqvist one.

    And so I'm exactly the type of person that, if I could find a quality jersey that's cheaper because the player isn't on the team anymore, and could pull out the letters and get it redone to be a nice jersey and save $80, I might do that too. When I saw this thread, I was interested in what it had to offer.

    So it's not necessarily about, do I eat or get a jersey. Some people have less disposable income than others. You don't have that problem, and that's great for you.

  20. #20
    I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    AmericanJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    19,464
    Rep Power
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    The forum will never reach it's potential because of things like this
    Not sure what you mean by this. Could you explain?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •