• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

How awesome is my wife?

Dave

So about a month ago my wife tells me her friend (my buddy's wife) needs me to help move her sisters stuff. He has a big pickup truck. The sister lives in Delaware. A couple of days ago she reminds me that this is how I will be spending most of Saturday. At the time I was asked I was like sure no problem, but now I'm grumbling about it.

This morning I wake up, go to the bathroom and there is a letter with my name on it. Apparently this was all a scam and the wives put together a scavenger hunt for us.

Only thing that would make it better is if she said, "oh and Hank isn't injured. He's in on it."

Scheduled on the same day as a Rangers game. Confirmed for not awesome.

Seriously though, that's pretty awesome.

I dvr games and watch them after the baby goes to bed. So that is a non issue.

Edit: in case I have to check in here for help on the hunt, please not Rangers spoilers in this thread. Thanks guys.

So to catch you guys up, this is less scavenger hunt, more go to cool places and do cool things, not knowing where we are off to next. They hid instructions in my buddy's truck and are texting us where to find them after each stop.

First stop was Maloney's in Matawan for a great burger and a beer. Second stop was Cortez Cigars in Eatontown for a hand rolled cigar. Now we are on our way to Carton Brewery in the Atlantic Highlands for the tasting tour.

Final leg was down to the water across from Manhattan to take photos at sunset. My buddy and I shoot together all the time but life has gotten busy lately and we hadn't been out to shoot in months. Heading home now. GREAT DAY! And much needed. My wife is something special.

So along the way we were tasked with taking pictures of letters at each stop. At the end they spelled out "birthday". My 40th was a few weeks ago, my buddy Andy's is in a couple of weeks. I had a small celebration then but it was pretty low key which was what I asked for because my daughter's first birthday was a couple weeks later and I didn't want my wife feeling stressed over both.

We got back to my friend Andy's house and his street was lined with cars. In his drive way was one of those gaming trucks where like 20 people can all play video games at the same time. All our friends were there.

We had the truck from 7 to 10:30 and then we played poker til like 2am.

Then I went home and watched the Rangers game.

Pretty epic birthday I in no way shape or form saw coming.

So along the way we were tasked with taking pictures of letters at each stop. At the end they spelled out "birthday". My 40th was a few weeks ago, my buddy Andy's is in a couple of weeks. I had a small celebration then but it was pretty low key which was what I asked for because my daughter's first birthday was a couple weeks later and I didn't want my wife feeling stressed over both.

We got back to my friend Andy's house and his street was lined with cars. In his drive way was one of those gaming trucks where like 20 people can all play video games at the same time. All our friends were there.

We had the truck from 7 to 10:30 and then we played poker til like 2am.

Then I went home and watched the Rangers game.

Pretty epic birthday I in no way shape or form saw coming.

You're 40? Holy shit. Thought you were younger than that for some reason.

Just turned 40 November last year, my wife arranged baby sitting and a hotel room as present.... I was happy at the time since we have 4 kids under 9 and no family/grandparents/anyone for help, it's just us. Somehow though it doesn't seem as epic with a baby sitter....lol

Archived