Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 482

Thread: FanDuel/Draft Kings thread

  1. #281
    PP Conundrum BSBH Prospect
    Fuhgeddaboudit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    14,421
    Rep Power
    34
    Yeah, I am trying one out but I'll probably end up spending more $$ than I should be working on hockey and football.

  2. #282
    🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    !br-avery!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    11,611
    Rep Power
    38
    I wouldn't post my lineup on here until aftyerwards
    Can'y anyone just view this and pick the exact same lineup

  3. #283
    ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ BSBH Rookie
    Morphinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    27,870
    Rep Power
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by !br-avery! View Post
    I wouldn't post my lineup on here until aftyerwards
    Can'y anyone just view this and pick the exact same lineup
    Yeah, but it doesn't matter. Unless you're looking to outright win. Which you won't lol

  4. #284
    🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    !br-avery!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    11,611
    Rep Power
    38
    According to commercials,people win thousands of dollars?lol
    what's the most you have ever won?

  5. #285
    Clean Slate, Grab It! NYR BSBH Prospect
    Johnnydollaz18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    15,595
    Rep Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by !br-avery! View Post
    According to commercials,people win thousands of dollars?lol
    what's the most you have ever won?
    $100 in one night, that's it. lol

    Also, doesn't mean everybody in here is playing against one another or even in the same contest.

  6. #286
    ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ BSBH Rookie
    Morphinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    27,870
    Rep Power
    330
    Fifteen bucks on a $3 buy-in... but I play small stakes and have only been playing for a month

    People who win are pros who have the system more or less figured out and enter tournaments over a hundred times to reduce variance, employees who are cheating (see the news everywhere), and random people who get extremely lucky with some oddball lineups.

    In my opinion, if you're able to maintain a bankroll within your means and occasionally get a nice boost of cash, you're doing well. Anything over that, you're extremely well... at least well above average.

    As for posting your lineups, it doesn't matter. The only way it matters is if you and that person both place in a one-payout position (like 1st in a tournament) where the prize money is shared and you have a tie-breaker or isn't shared and you split. But to each his own. If you don't feel comfortable posting your lineup, no pressure. But I think bouncing lineups of each other breeds discussion.

  7. #287
    Clean Slate, Grab It! NYR BSBH Prospect
    Johnnydollaz18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    15,595
    Rep Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Fifteen bucks on a $3 buy-in... but I play small stakes and have only been playing for a month

    People who win are pros who have the system more or less figured out and enter tournaments over a hundred times to reduce variance, employees who are cheating (see the news everywhere), and random people who get extremely lucky with some oddball lineups.

    In my opinion, if you're able to maintain a bankroll within your means and occasionally get a nice boost of cash, you're doing well. Anything over that, you're extremely well... at least well above average.

    As for posting your lineups, it doesn't matter. The only way it matters is if you and that person both place in a one-payout position (like 1st in a tournament) where the prize money is shared and you have a tie-breaker or isn't shared and you split. But to each his own. If you don't feel comfortable posting your lineup, no pressure. But I think bouncing lineups of each other breeds discussion.
    Getting an engagement ring will do that to you

  8. #288
    ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ BSBH Rookie
    Morphinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    27,870
    Rep Power
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydollaz18 View Post
    Getting an engagement ring will do that to you
    Haha, yeah, I still hold out hopes of hitting it big and being able to pay for the wedding lol

  9. #289
    Clean Slate, Grab It! NYR BSBH Prospect
    Johnnydollaz18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    15,595
    Rep Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Haha, yeah, I still hold out hopes of hitting it big and being able to pay for the wedding lol
    Haha, I hear ya, luckily, my mom and her father paid for our wedding. We're just covering, DJ, the photos and the matre'd. lol I lucked out.

  10. #290
    🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    !br-avery!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    11,611
    Rep Power
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydollaz18 View Post
    $100 in one night, that's it. lol

    Also, doesn't mean everybody in here is playing against one another or even in the same contest.
    That's not bad
    Guy i worked with won 700,so I guess it's possible,just takes a great amount of luck.

  11. #291
    Clean Slate, Grab It! NYR BSBH Prospect
    Johnnydollaz18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    15,595
    Rep Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by !br-avery! View Post
    That's not bad
    Guy i worked with won 700,so I guess it's possible,just takes a great amount of luck.
    My cousin's friend won over $3000 in one day, quit his job and now sits home and studies lineups all day. lol He makes good ones. So when I post mine, they're from him, it helps me win. My brother also hits 200-400 consistently each week in football.

    This is my NHL one for tonight.

    Plekanec
    Stepan
    Gallagher
    Nash
    D Sedin
    McDonagh
    Petry
    Doughty
    Price

  12. #292
    ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ BSBH Rookie
    Morphinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    27,870
    Rep Power
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydollaz18 View Post
    My cousin's friend won over $3000 in one day, quit his job and now sits home and studies lineups all day. lol He makes good ones. So when I post mine, they're from him, it helps me win. My brother also hits 200-400 consistently each week in football.

    This is my NHL one for tonight.

    Plekanec
    Stepan
    Gallagher
    Nash
    D Sedin
    McDonagh
    Petry
    Doughty
    Price
    What tourny/league did you play that in?

  13. #293
    gangsta member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,661
    Rep Power
    55
    My lineup as of now on Fanduel

    Gaudreau
    Pacioretty
    Zuc
    Wingels
    Monohan
    Terravianen
    Gioradno
    Subban
    Ramo

    not sure if that will stick though. I'm sure I'll be tinkering

    Edit: The Tinker

    Kreider
    Gaudreau
    Kane
    Hayes
    Stepan
    Monahan
    Hamilton
    Doughty
    Ramo
    Last edited by BlairBettsBlocksEverything; 10-07-2015 at 01:46 PM.
    __________________________________

  14. #294
    🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    !br-avery!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    11,611
    Rep Power
    38
    Don't tinker,always go with your gut,don't second guess,usually doesn't pay off

  15. #295
    🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    !br-avery!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    11,611
    Rep Power
    38
    My entry is closed
    Pacioretty
    Kreider
    Toffoli
    Parenteau
    kopitar
    Toews
    D.Keith
    D.Hamilton
    Ramo

  16. #296
    gangsta member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,661
    Rep Power
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by !br-avery! View Post
    Don't tinker,always go with your gut,don't second guess,usually doesn't pay off
    Usually you are right but I wasn't happy with my lineup. Set it and tinkered in between busy work
    __________________________________

  17. #297
    Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Cash or Czech?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16,310
    Rep Power
    60
    Screw it, gave it a try for hockey:

    Kopitar
    Plekanec
    Gaborik
    Pacioretty
    Vrbata
    Reilly
    Subban
    Ramo
    H. Sedin

  18. #298
    gangsta member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,661
    Rep Power
    55
    lost $5. Oh well
    __________________________________

  19. #299
    gangsta member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,661
    Rep Power
    55
    Taking another stab tonight.

    Parise
    Hall

    Stone
    Slepyshev (Skating on the oilers top line with Hall and McDavid)

    McDavid
    Turris

    Karlsson
    Klefbomb

    Rinne
    __________________________________

  20. #300
    Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Cash or Czech?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16,310
    Rep Power
    60
    Trying this again tonight as well (DraftKings):

    C - B. Little
    C - S. Stamkos

    W - J. Drouin
    W - A. Ladd
    W - V. Tarasenko

    D - A. Stralman
    D - D. Byfuglien

    G - D. Dubnyk

    UTIL - P. Stastny

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •