Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phishing/Malware Re-Direct

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

Exclamation Phishing/Malware Re-Direct

Whether it's to lemode-mgz.com (DO NOT CLICK THIS) or another site, it's a known issue affecting Google's AdSense platform in general. Google themselves are working on fixing this, and I've since blocked that URL, and a few others to prevent this from occurring.

If it does, do not click on anything on the re-direct page. Simply come back to the forum.

Once this is resolved, I'll let everyone know.

Thanks,
    Phil
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Boom BSBH Prospect
    I think I just got another one, Phil. If it pops up again I'll let you know the link

Let me know where it directs you. Since I implemented the changes, I've yet to have it happen to me again. But if anyone else does, private message me the URL, or a screen shot, etc. Do not post the links here.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Boom BSBH Prospect
    it was like softwaredlp or something

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    I'm getting that today too, Phil. I'll try to figure out which ad.

The artist formerly known as Mr. Smith Junior Division
    Haven't gotten it at home yet, but I got it on the school computer yesterday.
    Hidden Content

Did everything just taste purple for a second?

Ad text that I saw was "lock out services". It redirects quickly.

I blocked the "softwareupdaterdlp" one. If you're experiencing any others, just let me know those URL's (again, don't paste them here. PM them to me. I don't want people clicking them).
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Just got redirected, didn't not the url's sorry. I'll take note next time
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

BSBH #1 Shitposter
    Hidden Content

Boom BSBH Prospect
    just check for it in your history

Senior Member Bantam Division twentyseven's Avatar
    Dont click the link!

opendownloadmanager.com / campaign9/campaign.php?ID=trillmstrcpi2&sub=trillmstrcpi2&S2 =wUPNBJUF4TNVULQH05C10AJK

One of the URL's I encountered
    Hidden Content

"A mathematician is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat which isn't there"

opendownloadmanager URL has also been blocked.

I may reach out to our host just to see if there's anything they can do on their end to help out.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Happened again this morning on chrome to softwaredlp or what ever.

Yeah, from everything I've read, it's still a GoogleAd problem. Same as the last one.

If you guys haven't already, and you are that concerned, you can utilize AdBlocking software that should prevent it. I've already banned most of these URL's through AdSense, but it's still something Google themselves need to fix, just as they fixed the last one that was occurring that I don't think anyone has experienced since (lemode-mgz.com).
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Just as a quick update, apparently this exact issue is now infecting large sites like the New York Times, who utilize AdSense, so Google has no choice but to tackle this head-on.

Again, for anyone concerned, you can absolutely use AdBlock to turn off ads on the site. This should, in effect, prohibit the redirect from occurring since it only occurs through these faulty ads that are infected through their network. It means less revenue for the forum/myself, but I completely understand your concerns if you decide to go this route.

The only other suggestion I have in the meantime is to also scan your personal machines with anti-virus software regularly to make sure this malware isn't infecting your machine locally. Any respectable anti-virus software will allow you to scan for malware specifically, which is what this re-direct is.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    Here's another site that opened pretty much every time I refreshed the page, just as an FYI:

softwareupdaterlp.com/campaign/daughterfat4/?ID=trillmstrcpi2&sub=trillmstrcpi2&S2=wUD52CN3RIJ JF3SHGM4FQ744

Seems like this one made its way back.
    Last edited by Ranger Lothbrok; 02-02-2015 at 02:10 PM.

That's already been addressed, Lothbrok. I've banned all variations of that URL through AdSense already. It's on Google's end to correct whatever is actually occurring to allow it to still persist.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    That's already been addressed, Lothbrok. I've banned all variations of that URL through AdSense already. It's on Google's end to correct whatever is actually occurring to allow it to still persist.
    Ah, gotcha. Yeah I saw earlier in the thread that it had been blocked. That's why I posted it, since I thought maybe it was somehow getting around it. But I get it now that it's on Google's end.

Yeah, it's frustrating. I've basically done everything I can to prevent it. Google needs to fix whatever the actual exploit is that's occurring.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    Yeah i get them pretty frequently. It's always the one that people have posted here and you banned already Phil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast