Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HBO's 'The Wire'

Senior Member Squirt Division pws85nyr's Avatar
    It's immense, enjoy. I love how each series takes on a different perspective.

The book is pretty good to FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Mite Division rmc51's Avatar
    Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones are better.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    I agree, but that doesn't make The Wire bad. It's one of the best, if not the best, police dramas I've ever seen. Right up there with The Shield.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    It's not really comparable to GoT though is it? Breaking Bad I'll give you, both very original.

Aside from those mentioned I'm a sucker for Band of Brothers, probably the best show ever to air on TV imo.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    The Wire is far more powerful than both of those. It literally changed my opinions on a lot of issues

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I finally took the plunge. I'm finishing Season 4 now. Gripping television. Makes me regret not watching it live.

Where the fuck is Wallace, String!?
    Don't regret anything. If you had watched it live you would not be able to binge on it like you are now.

Binge is definitely the way to go with The Wire. It took me at least 6 episodes to really get into season one, then I never looked back.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Just finished the series tonight. Really well done. I can see why so many rank it as the best series in history. I don't think it'd take the crown (all pun intended) for me, but it's a contender for sure.

Season four was far and away the best, but I loved the way they wrapped it all up. Really satisfying ending.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

My partner has never seen it. I'm waiting for our first winter in Toronto to crack it out again for my second viewing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12