• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Showtime's 'The Affair'

Phil

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea we didn't see that coming. I'm still in disbelief that the plane scene happened as depicted. You very rarely see something like that happen and the woman not taken seriously. I think Alison's POV in that episode is skewed as well as her POV in the second half of the last episode. Funny how neither of Alison's POV matched what Ben described to Noah and Cole. Either way this is going to be some finale.

Yeah, I actually said out loud "wait, that was the finale?" It feels like we needed one more to get some clearer direction on a few of these angles.

Where Cole is going re: Ben? That beach scene of him staring daggers through him was clearly about more than just the discomfort of Athena's funeral decisions. He obviously still feels Ben murdered Alison.

We never got anywhere else on Noah's relationship with Janelle.

Vic is clearly going to die, so why not have him actually die to parallel Alison's death? It would have made the meeting of the minds between Noah and Helen that much more powerful, no?

I guess it's designed to be a super cliffhanger, but it wasn't as powerful as it could have been.

There would have been plenty left. The Cole/Ben collision course, Noah being torn between Janelle (and Anton) and getting back together with Helen (and his kids, who hate him), and the aftermath of Alison's death and how it has affected everything. Especially Joanie.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
Anyone watching this season? I’m only, I believe, 5 episodes in out of 8 or 9 so far. Interesting storyline with the movie being shot and all the accompanying drama to go with that. I’m absolutely lost on the addition of Joanie’s storyline, which takes place in her adulthood future. Curious to see how that plays into the overall story.

I've all but given up on it, honestly. I think we made it three episodes before I eye-rolled so hard I told my wife out loud "I think I'm done with this show."

The flash-forward to Joanie jumped the shark so hard. I'll probably watch the finale for the sake of watching it, but I'm glad it's over. No wonder Jackson and Wilson wanted out.

I've all but given up on it, honestly. I think we made it three episodes before I eye-rolled so hard I told my wife out loud "I think I'm done with this show."

The flash-forward to Joanie jumped the shark so hard. I'll probably watch the finale for the sake of watching it, but I'm glad it's over. No wonder Jackson and Wilson wanted out.

I figure we've gone this far, we may as well see it through. We've watched worse lol.

I never said it was rational. She just irritated the shit out of me. I also hate the jump forward in time. It's too far removed from what made this show so good. I also miss Jackson and Wilson terribly. They were phenomenal.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

She is barely in the show, how did she irritate you so much? I agree its a very weird story line. I am looking forward to seeing how it pans out, or at least even contributes to the show overall.

• 2 months later...
Finally got around to finishing this season. I now understand why the Joanie storyline was put in there and it makes sense considering the ending to the show. It was a hard season to watch, it kinda felt like it was all over the place, but the last 2-3 episodes were really good and I think did a good job of tying everything up in the end.