• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jurassic World

Karan

I was really happy up until I heard hybrid. At first, I thought they just meant hybrid in terms of their sex, but this sounds kind of sketchy. Other than that, I really loved the trailer and I'm excited for the movie. I love the way they are rebooting it, with a legitimate opening and a different kind of perspective.

• 2 weeks later...
Needs more feathers.

This. This was a perfect time to feather the dino's up, though I did read an article from one of the producers, or it may have been the director, talking about how the spin here is easy as to why they don't have them — they're not real dinos. None of them are/were. Not even the first batch. All of them were a genetic mixture of the dino DNA they did get out of the Amber, and the "holes" were filled with Amphibian DNA, which could be pointed to as the reason for their lizard-like skin and lack of feathers.

I haven't read up enough to know. I like that Jurassic park doesn't bend to science in that respect, though. It's a fantasy movie, it isn't so scientific that they are using plausible ideas, so why not use the childhood textbook images we are all familiar with?

Eh, I was merely posting the feathers point in jest. However, it would have been rad to at least acknowledge that in film (and who knows, they may) - but explaining it through a loophole in interviews is, well, lame.

• 6 months later...
A hybrid dinosaur ?

What made Jurassic park so good was that they modeled after actual real dinosaurs that existed

And what is that one that is jumping out of the water .

I'm excited still despite that though

And was a great entertaining summer blockbuster!

Really,really like it and enjoyed it

Just saw it. I enjoyed it for what it was. Dinosaurs cool. People sucked. No one was really redeemable or worth rooting for. Chris Pratt did the best he could but the material just left him devoid of most of his usual charm. Hopefully the sequel has a better script for humans. I liked all the nods to the previous movie though. They were just subtle enough and not really in your face.

Archived