Thread: We've Moved to a New Host

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

Exclamation We've Moved to a New Host

This should alleviate a lot of the issues we experienced with our prior host, who we've simply outgrown.

Just a few notes to share with you all right away:

1. The site is officially pointing to the new server, however, the Nameservers for the domain can take up to 24 hours to fully propagate. If you are seeing any errors still, or cannot access the site (if you can't, I have no idea how you are reading this...), etc. Please do not report these outages to me until tomorrow, once that 24 hour period has passed (1:30 PM EST).

2. As a result of the Nameservers propagation, a known bug at the moment is two BSBH forums being listed on Forum Runner. If you are having trouble logging in, please note that you will need to remove the current favorite you have, search for New York Rangers and try both listed to locate the correct one. Favorite that. The old one should disappear on its own as the propagation completes world-wide and our old hosting account is disabled.

If you are experiencing any other issues, slowness, error pages, etc. please use this thread to notify me. In almost every case, a screen shot of any errors you are seeing will be extremely helpful.

Thanks,
    Phil
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

//reported Junior Division
    welcome back!
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    great job ,everything back to normal

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Mods,

Any reason I am able to get this on my iMac running 10.8.5 in another Nassau zip code during the day, but not on my MacbookPro running 10.9.x at home during the evening — when I am stuck with the "moving to a new host announcement" (and directed to a not-very-happening FB page, where no update seemed to be posted, either)? I've been trying to enter the site via typed address as opposed to favorites, but no dice. Does the forum have a new url that should be typed?
    That freaking sucked having to go elsewhere for a Flyers Rangers GDT last night.

Wish I could screenshot ya but that would have to be via the laptop that can't access the site.
    Last edited by Respecttheblue; 11-20-2014 at 09:36 AM.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

OS version should have nothing to do with it. It could still be a propagation issue, but that's seriously unlikely, as it usually takes a max of twenty four hours to fully propagate across the planet.

Does this happen across multiple browsers on your MBP?

It may sound rudimentary, but I'm assuming you've restarted, cleared cache, etc?
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    You might also want to restart your router as well.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    I say we start a war with whoever has BSBH as well. We are the better ones.

Senior Member Bantam Division RangersRule2's Avatar
    Congrats on a very smooth transition. My compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    OS version should have nothing to do with it. It could still be a propagation issue, but that's seriously unlikely, as it usually takes a max of twenty four hours to fully propagate across the planet.

Does this happen across multiple browsers on your MBP?

It may sound rudimentary, but I'm assuming you've restarted, cleared cache, etc?

Safari used to heave a clear cache drop-down tab. Haven't seen that in a 100 years. Where'd it go?

Ah ha. I see at least on my work iMac, that it's under Develop. Well thank you for moving it around Apple. I used to be on top of that tech stuff. Seems like they make it more difficult for folks who do not have the time to piss around with it.

Unfortunately my router and modem are in a room that lost it's internal light and Jr. went off to college with the other light, so that job will have to wait for daylight hours when I'm home, tomorrow (this time of year, home and daylight only coincide on weekends).

Not looking forward to that as Verizon Modem and my Netgear D600 router or whatever it is are not playing nice together.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by RangersRule2 View Post
    Congrats on a very smooth transition. My compliments.
    Stop brown nosing
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Just FYI, recent hang-up was a bandwidth issue that I didn't initially set correctly. That's been fixed. Shouldn't be seeing that again.

Sorry, everyone.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Was that why I was getting a Parse error little bit ago?
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Parse error? I have no idea. Did you grab a screen shot of it?

If you are talking about the last two hours, that was a bandwidth issue. The same I was just talking about.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

No, sir
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

It was about 15 minutes ago
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

That'd have fallen under the same time frame. Most likely the same issue. You shouldn't see it again. I've increased that cap significantly.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Done.

previous owner of the MBP (my B-I-L) had hidden the Library and Safari caches.

I bash-ed around, found them, figured there had to be an easier way, there was, deleted them, came in a side door to the forum .... and we're good,

The other browsers (Firefox and Chrome) were also foo'd before, but seems to be working fine now, too.

Thanks all!

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Respecttheblue View Post
    Safari used to heave a clear cache drop-down tab. Haven't seen that in a 100 years. Where'd it go?

Ah ha. I see at least on my work iMac, that it's under Develop. Well thank you for moving it around Apple. I used to be on top of that tech stuff. Seems like they make it more difficult for folks who do not have the time to piss around with it.

Unfortunately my router and modem are in a room that lost it's internal light and Jr. went off to college with the other light, so that job will have to wait for daylight hours when I'm home, tomorrow (this time of year, home and daylight only coincide on weekends).

Not looking forward to that as Verizon Modem and my Netgear D600 router or whatever it is are not playing nice together.
    command + option + e
    i was astounded when apple moved clearing cache to the develop menu.
    there was also a time when you had to fucking ENABLE the develop menu from safari's preferences.
    what a pain.
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk