Thread: Forum Access Issues

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

Forum Access Issues

To make a long story short, we're on our way to a new host.

We've simply outgrown our current plan by leaps and bounds, which is why we've been experiencing the outages we have these last few months. Considering these are happening in November, you can only imagine what would occur by the deadline or playoffs if nothing were done about it.

It's more money, but more security, so if you ask me, the trade-off is quite fair. It's simply the cost of doing an ever-growing business. And we are ever-growing.

The site should remain up and accessible during this migration process, however there's still a chance it could impact us before the move-over is complete, so please just bear with us for a few days. This should all be done by mid-week, and I'll try to keep everyone posted on pertinent information as it's available.

If anyone has any questions, just ask here.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

//reported Junior Division
    thought i was banned...lol
    LGR!

Senior Member Bantam Division RangersRule2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    To make a long story short, we're on our way to a new host. We've simply outgrown our current plan by leaps and bounds, which is why we've been experiencing the outages we have these last few months. Considering these are happening in November, you can only imagine what would occur by the deadline or playoffs if nothing were done about it.
    It's more money, but more security, so if you ask me, the trade-off is quite fair. It's simply the cost of doing an ever-growing business. And we are ever-growing. The site should remain up and accessible during this migration process, however there's still a chance it could impact us before the move-over is complete, so please just bear with us for a few days. This should all be done by mid-week, and I'll try to keep everyone posted on pertinent information as it's available. If anyone has any questions, just ask here.
    Can you just give us the general thrust of why the current provider can't handle the current load, increased security, etc. ?

How many people are active on the site for Game Thread Days, which I presume are the heaviest-trafficked ? Did you guys experience a surge last Spring when the Rangers went to the SCF -- and did many of those folks stay, necessitating the switch ?

I thought most websites/message boards could handle tens of thousands of posters/viewers/etc., and I thought we were just a few hundred at most -- am I wrong ?
    Last edited by RangersRule2; 11-17-2014 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    thought i was banned...lol
    I though the site was hit by thousands of Ranger fans asking WTF happened after we had the win reversed last night !!!

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RangersRule2 View Post
    Can you just give us the general thrust of why the current provider can't handle the current load, increased security, etc. ?

How many people are active on the site for Game Thread Days, which I presume are the heaviest-trafficked ? Did you guys experience a surge last Spring when the Rangers went to the SCF -- and did many of those folks stay, necessitating the switch ?

I thought most websites/message boards could handle tens of thousands of posters/viewers/etc., and I thought we were just a few hundred at most -- am I wrong ?
    Yes, I can, but I won't. It's not relevant information to the general public here.

But I can tell you, the issue isn't over number of users (though a minimum number is required to reach critical mass). It's over number of users at one time.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    Yes, I can, but I won't. It's not relevant information to the general public here.But I can tell you, the issue isn't over number of users (though a minimum number is required to reach critical mass). It's over number of users at one time.
    OK, good luck with the switch.