• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Sean Avery Has A Meltdown

Blue Heaven

http://pagesix.com/2014/11/04/sean-avery-has-meltdown-days-before-off-broadway-debut/?_ga=1.90240156.70324931.1394816295

Former NY Ranger Sean Avery had a Shia LaBeouf-style meltdown on the set of his off-Broadway play “Negative Is Positive” and quit two days before it was due to open, after a stage manager politely offered him pizza.

On Monday, Avery left rehearsals early after growing agitated. On Tuesday, Avery’s behavior grew worse. According to Smith-Sloman, when a young assistant stage manager named Natalie asked the athlete-turned-actor if he wanted a slice of pizza, he said no, but somehow thought the assistant had called him an [bleep]hole.”

“He said I was ‘talking [bleep]‘ and said I was ‘so full of [bleep],'” Natalie, who was left in tears, told us. “That’s when I realized that I was dealing with a madman.”

Next, director Andreas Robertz said Avery told him, “Don’t you know who I am?!” and stormed out. “I think something snapped in him,” said Robertz.

The playwright said she does not want hot-tempered Avery back. “It’s unbelievable he would do this two days before we open. At this point I don’t want him to be a part of this production. He can’t call people pieces of [bleep] and say, ‘Do you know who I am?’ [He] can’t threaten people.”

Archived