• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer Leaks

Phil

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
It was bamf. Not as good as the first Avengers, but not because it was trying to be. Since it takes place at a different time in the marvel universe story arc, it can't be the same kind of movie. It's not as much of a standalone, but it's very, very good at continuing everyone's story and tying everything up going into phase 3. It's also cool as fuck.

Hawkeye is confirmed for civil war. Not sure where you heard that. Hulk is going to get an expanded story here very shortly with the way marvel is setting it up and Feige/Ruffalo have alluded to as much.

I'd say watch the movie, a lot of the rumors about what this is going to mean for future films weren't quite right.

I saw 2. The end seemed like theyre setting it up for a whole new cast for 3 unless I'm just reading too much into it.

I was under the impression they would just be expanding the team as opposed to replacing them.

It's basically going to be these guys plus Ant-Man and the winter soldier are going to take sides come civil war. Once that's settled, Stark and Capt aren't going to be looking to worn with each other, and it's very possible Stark goes to seek his purpose like he did in the comics and heads into space. Thor is going to be busy with Ragnarok, which is hinted at in Avengers 2, and that's going to preclude him from participating at all in anything not Asgaardian. They are going to expand into a storyline for Hulk, which may or may not take cues from Planet Hulk, and Spider-Man is also going to get introduced, sometime likely in Civil War. When shit hits the fan in Infinity War pt. 1, it's going to be the New look Avengers headed by Capt and the defenders who are going to be the first responders. How Stark, Thor, Hulk and even the Guardians of the Galaxy come into play is all going to depend on how they structure everything else in between, but I don't expect to see them all properly together again until IW2, just judging by the nature of how they're breaking everything up.

Civil War and really, Ragnarok will really tell us exactly how Infinity War is going to go down. Ragnarok will be for phase 3 what The Winter Soldier was for phase 2, and probably more so. I also I'd also bet we get to see Beta Ray Bill, and that is exciting. :D

Ant-Man also got me thinking that it would be hilarious if he was there all along fighting with the Avengers in Sokovia and no one would know due to everything moving so fast and him being so small. Not saying it happened because it didnt but just that its not implausible.

Also, I was reading up on Infinity War and the way it's set up in the comics doesn't seem to jive too well with what theyre going for here. In that I had to read the summary like 5 times to kinda figure out what the hell is going on. Is it possible for them to do it without casting Adam Warlock? Because I can't imagine them introducing him for the first time in Part 1 and I'm not familiar enough to know what movie before that he could fit into.

edit: Well I guess an ever so slightly more thorough search would've led me to learning he's affiliated with GOTG, so I guess the plot of GOTG2 would revolve around him and the collection of the gems.

And about Ragnarok I was reading an article earlier (I think it was ScreenRant) that talked about the importance of that movie in Phase 3. Curious to see who they get to direct that, since it would be cool to get a big name person who has experience with stories like that. But then also Marvel likes to hire proverbial yes-men for the job which the directors of movies like that (I'm thinking/echoing ScreenRant here by saying a Guillermo Del Toro type) are not.

Ant-Man also got me thinking that it would be hilarious if he was there all along fighting with the Avengers in Sokovia and no one would know due to everything moving so fast and him being so small. Not saying it happened because it didnt but just that its not implausible.

Also, I was reading up on Infinity War and the way it's set up in the comics doesn't seem to jive too well with what theyre going for here. In that I had to read the summary like 5 times to kinda figure out what the hell is going on. Is it possible for them to do it without casting Adam Warlock? Because I can't imagine them introducing him for the first time in Part 1 and I'm not familiar enough to know what movie before that he could fit into.

Warlock is in all likelihood going to come up in GotG 2 and/or Captain Marvel. His pod was already hanging in the collectors treasure room. The cosmic side of the movies seems to be setting up to tell that part of the story.

This won't be a 1:1 of Infinity Gauntlet, already too much has changed, plus there is no silver surfer (which gives me such a sad :(), we are looking at a story that will be similar, but not the same. For one, Nebula is already a completely different character in a completely different state.

Make sure the summary you're reading is of infinity gauntlet, which is the original plot arc that gives Thanos the power of the 6 infinity stones. Infinity War was it's sequel, and I think Marvel for a more all encompassing title than something just as simple as infinity gauntlet.

Archived