Thread: Player Power Rankings

List Maker BSBH Rookie

Player Power Rankings

Will be coming soon.
    Suggestions? Changes? Improvements? No Jimmy?

Speak now.

Below are the previous threads with rules.

2013-14 Interactive Power Rankings

Spoiler: {option} 

NY Rangers Individual Player Power Rankings
    In this thread, we will rank the players in "power rankings". If you are not familiar wth power rankings it is a rating system that analyzes the results of sports competitions to provide objective ratings for each player. Use your own objectives to make your changes to the rankings.

Always use the most recent power rankings list provided by the post directly before yours when making your adjustments.

How it works

We will begin with last season's final power rankings, provided by Peetie27 on April 24, 2013 with necessary roster updates. You are NOT submitting your power rankings. Instead, you will use the player rankings provided by the previous poster. Each poster will copy the prior rankings, and will move 1 player up, OR 1 player down. These players do not have to be next to each other. Each player can only be moved up or down 1 slot. You can only make 1 change per game played. Once you submit an edit, you may not make another edit until the next game is concluded (Prior to season start - please do not make adjustment until 5 other changes have been submitted by other users). Any post not using the preceding post will be removed.

*This year - You can make 2 moves! Can move the same played up/down 2 spots, or move 2 individual players, combine 2 moves.

Chat is allowed this season. Please do not criticize picks, especially if you do not participate in the ranking process.

2012-13 NY Rangers Interactive Power Rankings

NY Rangers Individual Player Power Rankings
    In this thread, we will rank the players in "power rankings". If you are not familiar wth power rankings it is a rating system that analyzes the results of sports competitions to provide objective ratings for each player. Use your own objectives to make your changes to the rankings.

Always use the most recent power rankings list provided by the post directly before yours.

How it works
    I will provide the initial power rankings or active roster players. You are NOT submitting your power rankings. Instead, you will use the player rankings provided by the previous poster. Each poster will copy the prior rankings, and will move 1 player up, OR 1 player down. These players do not have to be next to each other. Each player can only be moved up or down 1 slot. You can only make 1 change per game played. Once you submit an edit, you may not make another edit until the next game is concluded (Prior to season start - please do not make adjustment until 5 other changes have been submitted by other users). Any post not using the preceding post will be removed.

2011-12 Interactive Power Rankings
    NY Rangers Play Power Rankings
    In this thread, we will rank the players in "power rankings". If you are not familiar wth power rankings it is a rating systemthat analyzes the results of sports competitions to provide objective ratings for each player. Use your own objectives to make your changes to the rankings.

Always use the most recent power rankings list provided by the post directly before yours.

How it works
    I will provide the initial power rankings or active roster players. You are NOT submit your power rankings. Instead, you will use the player rankings provided by the previous poster. Each poster will copy the prior rankings, and will move 1 player up, OR 1 player down. These players do not have to be next to each other. Each player can only be moved up or down 1 slot. You can only make 1 change per game played. Once you submit an edit, you may not make another edit until the next game is concluded. Any post not using the preceding post will be removed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Hello Mike, hope all is well.

I believe the power rankings thread belongs to NosL, no?
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    The only suggestion I'd have is disallowing the two-moves in any one direction. Meaning you can't plus-two or minus-two any player, but you can plus-one and minus-one two separate players, or plus-one, plus-one or minus-one, minus-one. Basically, any individual player can only move one slot at a time per user vote.

This would be to prevent one bad game from causing any player to plummet, which really shouldn't happen.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    How about no piling on, or pumping up? You can't move a player who was just moved in the post before yours. If you're moving players, you have to move new players.

Also, we should ban MacTruck27 from this thread this year, since all he does use his votes to keep McD on top.

The artist formerly known as Mr. Smith Junior Division
    Maybe have users cite some reason for a move up or down? Doesn't have to be in-depth, just some reason why.
    Hidden Content

Did everything just taste purple for a second?

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by High and Wide View Post
    Maybe have users cite some reason for a move up or down? Doesn't have to be in-depth, just some reason why.
    I like this. Just a sentence next to the "+1" or "-1".

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    How about no piling on, or pumping up? You can't move a player who was just moved in the post before yours. If you're moving players, you have to move new players.

Also, we should ban MacTruck27 from this thread this year, since all he does use his votes to keep McD on top.
    That's why I'm suggesting only allowing a player to be moved once, in either direction, by any given user. We can't really stop ten users from all moving the same player one slot up or down, but removing the ability to move anyone twice in any direction would help to keep things more realistic.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    That's why I'm suggesting only allowing a player to be moved once, in either direction, by any given user. We can't really stop ten users from all moving the same player one slot up or down, but removing the ability to move anyone twice in any direction would help to keep things more realistic.
    Yea, but there's only ~20 guys at a given time. So even if 3-4 people come on and drop 1 guy consecutively, that's big. If I drop Hagelin down, or move him up, the next user can't. It would make folks think a bit more and not just pile on the Goat of the Game or the guy who scored the GWG the night before.

Also agree with having to cite a reason if we're trying to spark debate in the thread.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Maybe have 2 separate threads "Interactive Power Rankings" where you just post the rankings with your corrections, and then an "Interactive Power Rankings Discussion Thread" where you have to defend your reason. If you don't defend it before the next game your not allowed to make changes for a week
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

swamped Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

I second this suggestion. Not only to prevent a few users in a row promoting (or demoting) a player after a great game, but also to stop a user from "correcting" a previous user's ranking.

For example, I move McDonagh up a spot and Hagelin up a spot. In next post User x moves McDonagh down a spot and Hagelin down a spot, effectively canceling out my moves. Good way to create ill will.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017