Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Islanders Set Brooklyn Prices

Senior Member Midget Division

Islanders Set Brooklyn Prices

Well some, club seat prices rival MSG club seat prices.

http://nyislanders.io-media.com/#

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    being closer to the city i cant imagine more than a handful of actual islander fans being at these games vs. thousands of rangers fans. this is essentially going to be our second home arena for a few seasons.

edit: I was also expecting them to change their name. brooklyn islanders makes little sense.
    Last edited by So Nashty; 09-18-2014 at 08:46 PM.

Senior Member Junior Division
    They are going to kill their fanbase with their move. If you're a casual hockey fan in Brooklyn, you're likely a Rangers fan. If you're a diehard, you're probably a Ranger fan. Almost all Islander fans are located on the Island, and even when they were at the Coliseum, a short ride for some, they weren't drawing. What makes them think that their diehards are going to make the trek to Brooklyn?

I don't know. I know some disagree with it, and I do see their points. But I just don't think this is going to work for them. They don't have a huge fanbase as it is, and the ones that they have they are leaving on Long Island.

I think in the end they are going to essentially have their own fan base of fans who dont want to follow the rangers. Which is essentially why I think they just need a new identity/name.

Senior Member Junior Division
    My whole thing is that Brooklyn is too close to the city for them to make it on their own. Basketball is different. Basketball you have people that can hop on a bandwagon and run with it. Hockey is more of a heart-and-soul sport for fans IMO, where you're either a big fan or you're not. And even if you're not, if you're living in Brooklyn and a casual hockey fan, by this point either you likely aren't ever going to be into hockey at all at a high level or you're a Rangers fan.

I just think this move is going to hurt. It'll look nice at first because it'll be the new thing to do. But over time, especially if the Islanders aren't successful, that place is going to be a ghost town IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RichieNextel305 View Post
    My whole thing is that Brooklyn is too close to the city for them to make it on their own. Basketball is different. Basketball you have people that can hop on a bandwagon and run with it. Hockey is more of a heart-and-soul sport for fans IMO, where you're either a big fan or you're not. And even if you're not, if you're living in Brooklyn and a casual hockey fan, by this point either you likely aren't ever going to be into hockey at all at a high level or you're a Rangers fan.

I just think this move is going to hurt. It'll look nice at first because it'll be the new thing to do. But over time, especially if the Islanders aren't successful, that place is going to be a ghost town IMO.
    i think you slightly under estimate this. they won 4 cups in the 80's. they have a whole fan base from that time that is now flush with cash. its the same reason why there are a shit ton of cowboys fans in the city.

brooklyn is loaded with dough right now. if they win that place will rock. but they have to win.

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    i think you slightly under estimate this. they won 4 cups in the 80's. they have a whole fan base from that time that is now flush with cash. its the same reason why there are a shit ton of cowboys fans in the city.

brooklyn is loaded with dough right now. if they win that place will rock. but they have to win.
    This. I lived in Brooklyn my whole life. There are loads of Islanders fans slightly older than I am, and they have cash flow.

Growing Member Bantam Division McDougalfaschnitzer's Avatar
    I would check out games there to see other teams if the tickets were cheap.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    The problem for Piles fans is that you can't really take a train there easily, and the schedule isn't that great going there either. Most fans would have to change at Jamacia and wait for a train. There is no place to park over there, so train is the man way to get to games. Its easier to just take the train to MSG.

Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    being closer to the city i cant imagine more than a handful of actual islander fans being at these games vs. thousands of rangers fans. this is essentially going to be our second home arena for a few seasons.

edit: I was also expecting them to change their name. brooklyn islanders makes little sense.
    The coliseum already is. That place rocks when we score.

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    The problem for Piles fans is that you can't really take a train there easily, and the schedule isn't that great going there either. Most fans would have to change at Jamacia and wait for a train. There is no place to park over there, so train is the man way to get to games. Its easier to just take the train to MSG.
    Doesn't the LIRR have an Atlantic Ave stop?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yea, and it's really easy to get to.
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by EdMc28 View Post
    The coliseum already is. That place rocks when we score.
    Yea Brr you still had a large perCenTage of isles fans. I dont really see that happening anymore.

Sorry for typos/grammar I'm on my fone

Down the road the LIRR thing is going to be interesting. I've heard rumblings that once the LIRR starts running to Grand Central it wants to shift all trains that currently run to Atlantic Terminal to Grand Central and turn the Atlantic Terminal/Jamaica line into a straight shuttle. Changing in Jamaica isn't a problem as its almost always right across the platform and the service is pretty frequent for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Yea, and it's really easy to get to.
    It does, but you still don't have many trains that go there, I think only 1 an hour, and not many lines go directly there. I know the Babylon line, some Hicksville lines and the Port Washington lines don't go there. Fans would have to change at Jamacia for it. This is why I haven't gone to anything at Barclays yet, the train schedule is terrible getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by EdMc28 View Post
    Down the road the LIRR thing is going to be interesting. I've heard rumblings that once the LIRR starts running to Grand Central it wants to shift all trains that currently run to Atlantic Terminal to Grand Central and turn the Atlantic Terminal/Jamaica line into a straight shuttle. Changing in Jamaica isn't a problem as its almost always right across the platform and the service is pretty frequent for the most part.
    The problem is making sure you get back to Penn to catch your train home. Who wants to wait at Jamaica for 30 minutes? There is nothing there, and no inside waiting room like Penn.

Isles tickets go on sale this week. Cheapest seat for the Ranger games is like $190 thru ticket master.

Full season, and package sales I hear are pretty strong. Something like 70% of the sales are from people who live outside of Nassau and Suffolk county apparently.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Incorrect.

The LIRR is literally one block away (across the street), and there are eleven subway stops all within a two-block walk.

It's incredibly easy to get there via public transportation.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    The problem is making sure you get back to Penn to catch your train home. Who wants to wait at Jamaica for 30 minutes? There is nothing there, and no inside waiting room like Penn.
    Also not true. There's not as much seating as Penn, but there is a seated section inside Atlantic Terminal, right next to the main ticket windows on the lower level. There's also a larger standing waiting area in front of the entrances to each train line, just like in Penn.

You are correct about transferring at Jamaica, but it's not that big of a deal, and the thirty minutes thing is also not true. The longest I've ever waited was 22, and the actual switch-over between the main line (Ronkonkoma/Hicksville/Penn) and the AT line is 12-14 minutes.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast