• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New Batman: The Ride Rollercoaster is Flipping Insane

NYRangers92

Upside: it's unique.

Downside: it's over in a heartbeat and calling this "a world's first" is a biiiit of a lie.

Looks awesome though and obviously I'd try it.

I'm way more excited about this baby they are building in North Carolina's Carowinds park:

[video=youtube;d_jl_6S2-Rg]

This reminds me of the Superman roller coaster they had in Six Flags in NJ. We got stuck on that at the end for like 10 minutes, and your facing facedown on it. It killed your junk because of the bar that held you in. I don't think they have it anymore, haven't been there in like 10 years.

This reminds me of the Superman roller coaster they had in Six Flags in NJ. We got stuck on that at the end for like 10 minutes, and your facing facedown on it. It killed your junk because of the bar that held you in. I don't think they have it anymore, haven't been there in like 10 years.

That's still there and the ride is horrible. Every time a friend asks me to ride it, I say no.

That's still there and the ride is horrible. Every time a friend asks me to ride it, I say no.

The one they have is the standard lay-out. The same company went on to built much better, cooler and more fun versions of the same type and with a more comfortable train. It's just that Six Flags doesn't often go much further than basic upkeep and that allows the rides become of unnecessarily uncomfortable.

The one they have is the standard lay-out. The same company went on to built much better, cooler and more fun versions of the same type and with a more comfortable train. It's just that Six Flags doesn't often go much further than basic upkeep and that allows the rides become of unnecessarily uncomfortable.

Last I had heard was that Six Flags wasn't doing good financially. I had heard that they may file for bankruptcy. I haven't been there in a long time, but it was always over priced, I'm only referring to the one in Jersey. The one in Jersey was getting a little shady when I stopped going, that was one of the reasons. Just seemed like a lot of riff raff there whenever we went. Rides were also always broken, or would break during the day. I honestly still have no desire to go back.

Last I had heard was that Six Flags wasn't doing good financially. I had heard that they may file for bankruptcy. I haven't been there in a long time, but it was always over priced, I'm only referring to the one in Jersey. The one in Jersey was getting a little shady when I stopped going, that was one of the reasons. Just seemed like a lot of riff raff there whenever we went. Rides were also always broken, or would break during the day. I honestly still have no desire to go back.

They're always having financial issues and I'm not sure what's going on now but they still might be doing lousy financially.

I still have a weak spot for the place so I can't kill it, but the last time I was there several years back I didn't feel as safe as I used to. We were there during fright fest but went early in the morning on a Saturday, so by the time we were leaving around 4 or 5 all the riff raff crowds were showing up for the evening. Even the high prices do not keep away the shady crowds.

Its geographic location of being almost in the middle between NY and Philly makes for an eclectic group of people.

My two fav rides are still Medusa and Nitro. Kingda Ka is ok but its way too short of a ride for the amount of waiting you do for it.

Six Flags, including the park in Jersey, have made a bit of a comeback. They've sold a number of their parks and are doing better financially. It's showing in the parks, with new rides, better upkeep and also much better security measures. I was actually at Great Adventure last week and it was by far my best visit so far. The park looked good, crowd was a good mix of families and younger crowds. I had a good time and I visit amusement parks a lot and Six Flags is making a change for the better right now.

I know some of you are family people right now, so if you are looking for a smaller park some time, I can recommend http://www.knoebels.com/. It's in central PA, no admission fee (it's pay-per-ride, but very affordable) and they have an awesome selection of oldschool family rides and some world-class wooden rollercoasters.

Going back into the memory bank the last time I was officially there was October of 2010, thats almost 4 years ago. So I'm sure some things have changed and thats good to hear because like I said I have always liked the place ever since I was a kid.

Last time I was there in fact, they we're still working on the Green Lantern.

Archived