• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Thin Red Line Down Middle of LCD TV

Phil

Looks like this (this isn't my TV ? just didn't wanna go take a photo):

http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/data/2086942/2/27/271d520f_a.jpeg

Television is probably 7-8 years old. Sharp Aquos 32".

It's on every input, so it's not just my cable box. Shows on my Roku, DVD player, etc.

Any ideas?

I get the same thing, Phil but mine is off to the right off the screen. It comes and goes, it's a bad panel. I'm use to it by now. I plan to buy and new tv and make this one the tv in the kids play room so doesn't really bother me much.

At this point, if you don't have a warranty, you are better off buying a new tv if it really bothers you. LED is the new wave now anyway.

I get the same thing, Phil but mine is off to the right off the screen. It comes and goes, it's a bad panel. I'm use to it by now. I plan to buy and new tv and make this one the tv in the kids play room so doesn't really bother me much.

At this point, if you don't have a warranty, you are better off buying a new tv if it really bothers you. LED is the new wave now anyway.

Yeah, this thing is almost ten years old, so I figured as much. There's no warranty coverage, so I guess I'll just have to hope it goes away, or start looking to replace it at some point in the future.

It's not a killer. Just a minor annoyance, really.

Yeah' date=' this thing is almost ten years old, so I figured as much. There's no warranty coverage, so I guess I'll just have to hope it goes away, or start looking to replace it at some point in the future. It's not a killer. Just a minor annoyance, really.[/quote']

It won't got away permanently unfortunately. Like Pete said, TV's are rather cheap these days compared to what they use to be.

Thats the issue with these flat panels now, they get bumped in the right spot and you're off buying a new one. I would never change todays technology because its so much better than what we had, but at least with old tube devices they were more durable and people actually could fix them, sometimes.

i have a 55 inch rear projection monstrosity that i wish would die already. 2nd big purchase i made when i got my job 12 years ago.

I remember when those things were for royalty, you would go into someones house with one and you were sick with envy.

Now you can't even get people to take the ones that are left on the curb for trash, that work!! :D

I remember when those things were for royalty, you would go into someones house with one and you were sick with envy.

Now you can't even get people to take the ones that are left on the curb for trash, that work!! :D

Tell me about it, I tried to pawn it off to my parents for FREE about 2 years ago and they didnt even want to take it. This was a time when they had a 36 inch CRT tv in their living room w/o composite or HD cables, and obviously didnt know the difference between standard definition and high definition. Finally in April they moved up to a 60 inch LED tv in their living room.

LEDs are the new thing...but make sure you get one that isn't bleeding lights on the corners.

I recently got an LED monitor for my computer to replace a secondary LCD that was smaller. My two monitors now are a 27" LED and a 23" LCD. Everything looks so much better on the LED that it's almost the equivalent of the difference between Standard def and HD on a TV.

I recently got an LED monitor for my computer to replace a secondary LCD that was smaller. My two monitors now are a 27" LED and a 23" LCD. Everything looks so much better on the LED that it's almost the equivalent of the difference between Standard def and HD on a TV.

I might have to call LG or geeksquad. Last time I called LG, they came to my house when I wasn't home and checked on my TV and said the bleeding lights weren't bad.

That wasn't true. When I watch dark movies, I see them a lot. THe problem was they came in the afternoon and it was harder to see. Told me I needed to adjust settings, which they did...but when I got home, the TV settings were awful.

Archived