• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Draft [G] Igor Shestyorkin With 4th Round (118th) Pick

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shesterkin's stat line this season:

18GP 1.46GAA .943SV% 6 SO

This guy has been insane lately. Hopefully he can jump right in when his contract expires in 2-3 years

Hopefully, but also have to remember that there aren't near the goals scored in the KHL like NHL.

There were 14 goaltenders who were under 2 goals per game, one actually averaged out to 1 goal per game.

The NHL had zero players under 2 goals per game last season.

Hopefully, but also have to remember that there aren't near the goals scored in the KHL like NHL.

There were 14 goaltenders who were under 2 goals per game, one actually averaged out to 1 goal per game.

The NHL had zero players under 2 goals per game last season.

That's true, but it's still impressive for a 20 year old goalie to put up those numbers against pros

Of course it'll be much more telling if he can do that over the course of an entire season

• 1 month later...

http://bluelinestation.com/2016/11/30/rangers-prospect-shestyorkin-khl/

Shestyorkin is currently the starting goaltender for SKA (Saint Petersburg) in the Kontinental Hockey League. Shestyorkin has played in 26 games this season, putting up a remarkable 20-2-1 record with 8 of those wins coming by shutout. Shestyorkin’s 1.51 GAA has him among the top three in the KHL.

• 1 month later...

Looking good on the Igor Shestyorkin/Shesterkin front. I'm not going to lie, since the first video I saw of him, I have high hopes, so seeing positive updates increases the smile factor.

Goaltender Igor Shesterkin made 20 saves in a 5-3 SKA win over Traktor Sunday in the Kontinental Hockey League. The netminder is 26-3-5 with a .939 SV% and a 1.59 GAA with eight shutouts this season. He's third in the KHL in save percentage, fourth in goals against average and second in shutouts.

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/news/rangers-prospect-report-gropp-ronning-huska-shesterkin/c-286333062

• 3 weeks later...
Is he on a really stacked team? Those numbers are fucking impressive.

Well, Kovalchuk and Datsyuk are both on the team lol But I don't think that's an indictment of his play. His numbers are far better than the backup.

His numbers were just a bit better than Ilya Samsonov, who the Caps drafted in the first round in 2015..just for some context.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Started the game today. Has 31 saves so far.

Was wondering if he would start today. Noticed he picked up a win a couple days a go in his playoff debut, playing a bout 2 minutes in OT. Than last game he played about 48 min, picked up another win, and stopped all 32 shots he faced. Now got the win today stopping 33 of 34. Wonder if he stays in net for the rest of the way?

Overall: 3-0-0, .55 GAA, .985 SV% in 109:40

Can't wait to hear Sam chop up his name when he makes a big save

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain

You think Sammy's got two years left in him? I think he's gone at the end of next season and we'll be hearing Kenny Albert full time.