• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Draft [G] Igor Shestyorkin With 4th Round (118th) Pick

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this your opinion or you read this somewhere?

I've followed his situation and contract since we drafted him. Gotten info from everywhere. Been saying on this board for more than 2 years (particularly to RespecttheBlue), that he was going to have to wait till Camp 2019 to see him. All the sudden that's too soon? He'll be 23 and he keeps getting better. He's a brick wall this year. Hope that didn't sound snarky. Maybe the Rangers decide to play him for a bit in Hartford, especially if Georgie has another good year. He won't be denied his NHL debut for long though. We've all been patient and if he continued to develop this was always the obvious next step.

Though for Dunny, with some return snark, wtf are you talking about? You knew the plan for Shesty, he's not 19/20 and he's even better than we thought. He's ready, we can take him out of the oven and serve him to Allaire.

Yeah, let's burn a ELC year so he can play 20 games behind Hank. Makes sense.

Depends how this season and this offseason go for the Rangers organization.

If they add top-level players this summer, or get something like Hughes in the draft, I think you bring him over, get him that experience, so this team is ready to go when Salary Squad expire.

He could go 20/30 gp first season, maybe double the next season, depending on how the goalies play.

I mean, its not like he's getting a lot more work over there. He's still splitting games/backup.

I can already see how we're going to get almost zero value from Shestyorkin.

He's going to be a 5-6 million dollar goalie the year after Hank retires.

He'll have at least 4 (I think 5) seasons of team control. We could also buy a couple of years of UFA,. It's a good problem to have. And Georgie is the youngest goalie in the NHL. We may have the Russian Duo.

He'll have at least 4 (I think 5) seasons of team control. We could also buy a couple of years of UFA,. It's a good problem to have. And Georgie is the youngest goalie in the NHL. We may have the Russian Duo.

If he's the real deal, they should go the Talbot route with Gregoriev. They just took a goalie in the 3rd round, so they obviously felt good about him. Think probably 5 years of Shesty and then move him before free agency if his demands are outrageous.

This team isn't going to get burned over-paying a goalie again.

I think they hope Georgiev is Talbot or Raanta, obviously, but that's a long shot.

I don't like Hank, there's something about him that's like the anti-Richter, I can't love him, but I hope he keeps this level of play up, that would be pretty fun if he puts together a phenomonal year and they stay on the fringe of the playoffs all year.

If he's the real deal, they should go the Talbot route with Gregoriev. They just took a goalie in the 3rd round, so they obviously felt good about him. Think probably 5 years of Shesty and then move him before free agency if his demands are outrageous.

This team isn't going to get burned over-paying a goalie again.

I'd keep them all until one of them emerges as a clear cut longterm #1 goalie by actually doing it for a year. Unlike Talbot/Ranta, Georgie is not due any kind of money for ages. We can do like Nashville now. If he has a strong year as backup, it would take more than a 2nd rounder to entice mgmt. If Hank gets hurt and he performs the way Talbot did for a month straight, he'd become really valuable at his age.

I think they hope Georgiev is Talbot or Raanta, obviously, but that's a long shot.

I don't like Hank, there's something about him that's like the anti-Richter, I can't love him, but I hope he keeps this level of play up, that would be pretty fun if he puts together a phenomonal year and they stay on the fringe of the playoffs all year.

He's the youngest goalie in the NHL and he looked good last year. Why not see if he can repeat that all season? No pressure to do anything with him except find out who he can be.

We are not good enough for Hank to carry us, even if he maintains this level of play. We need high-end prospects for Kreider because 1) they are still prospects 2) our problem: we need top line or top pair potential. Especially for a proven fast 27 y/o PF.

Plus, trading some of the guys you want to trade, takes us further from the playoffs.

I don?t want a fringe playoff team, that?s next season. Keep building through high and quantity picks this offseason.

• 1 month later...