Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Rangers Draft [G] Igor Shestyorkin With 4th Round (118th) Pick

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    I think they hope Georgiev is Talbot or Raanta, obviously, but that's a long shot.

I don't like Hank, there's something about him that's like the anti-Richter, I can't love him, but I hope he keeps this level of play up, that would be pretty fun if he puts together a phenomonal year and they stay on the fringe of the playoffs all year.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    If he's the real deal, they should go the Talbot route with Gregoriev. They just took a goalie in the 3rd round, so they obviously felt good about him. Think probably 5 years of Shesty and then move him before free agency if his demands are outrageous.

This team isn't going to get burned over-paying a goalie again.
    I'd keep them all until one of them emerges as a clear cut longterm #1 goalie by actually doing it for a year. Unlike Talbot/Ranta, Georgie is not due any kind of money for ages. We can do like Nashville now. If he has a strong year as backup, it would take more than a 2nd rounder to entice mgmt. If Hank gets hurt and he performs the way Talbot did for a month straight, he'd become really valuable at his age.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I think they hope Georgiev is Talbot or Raanta, obviously, but that's a long shot.

I don't like Hank, there's something about him that's like the anti-Richter, I can't love him, but I hope he keeps this level of play up, that would be pretty fun if he puts together a phenomonal year and they stay on the fringe of the playoffs all year.
    He's the youngest goalie in the NHL and he looked good last year. Why not see if he can repeat that all season? No pressure to do anything with him except find out who he can be.

We are not good enough for Hank to carry us, even if he maintains this level of play. We need high-end prospects for Kreider because 1) they are still prospects 2) our problem: we need top line or top pair potential. Especially for a proven fast 27 y/o PF.

Plus, trading some of the guys you want to trade, takes us further from the playoffs.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 10-28-2018 at 04:13 AM.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post

I donít want a fringe playoff team, thatís next season. Keep building through high and quantity picks this offseason.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567