• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Draft [G] Igor Shestyorkin With 4th Round (118th) Pick

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Sam, I get pissed when it's a national game now and I get some hacks in his place.

Same thing in this house as far as Sma vs. NBC announcers.

I'll really miss Sam when he hangs 'em up.

I like Kenny, but Sam has a vocal clarity and range that's very listenable for us. Kenny kinda sounds like he's got socks in his mouth, but it's a classic Albert tone.

Named Best Goalie of the Conference Finals...

? Best goaltender was Igor Shestyorkin (SKA), who helped his team to victory in three of the four games against Lokomotiv. The 21-year-old netminder allowed just a solitary goal, achieving the highest save percentage (98.51) and lowest goals against average of (0.55) of any goalie in the round;

http://en.khl.ru/news/2017/03/31/344117.html

Highlight

He needs to take a few more steps.

Russia simply doesn't produce goaltenders.

Success in the KHL in net simply doesn't translate to the NHL.

If he's able to replicate that at the AHL level, then we'd have a potential future franchise goaltender.

It translates for lots of guys. He's a stud.

The fact that they don't produce many goalies isn't really relevant. Canada wasn't producing many baseball players, then they shit out Joey Votto.

It's all about the individual.

He needs to take a few more steps.

Russia simply doesn't produce goaltenders.

Success in the KHL in net simply doesn't translate to the NHL.

If he's able to replicate that at the AHL level, then we'd have a potential future franchise goaltender.

Umm... Bobrovskiy is on his way to winning another Vezina...

I can't see Igor not absolutely dominating the AHL. The KHL is a better league and his putting up superstar #'s

If there's one team might make him look mediocre though it's the Wolf Pack... they're horrific as is

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
:tweet: @A_Kalnins: Per Sport-express New York Islanders are set to sign SKA goalie Mikko Koskinen on July 1st

^this^ should make Igor the #1 for SKA next year...

This is good. Igor gets the load next year and gets better. Comes here in 2019.

:tweet: @A_Kalnins: Per Sport-express New York Islanders are set to sign SKA goalie Mikko Koskinen on July 1st

^this^ should make Igor the #1 for SKA next year...

I guess this could potentially set up former teammates as intra-metro rivals if one makes the NYI and the other the NYR. Dayum. Would Putin buy a block of seats at both the xxx-oleum? and the Garden?

• 5 months later...

Did you guys see this tweet?

Shesterkin has allowed one goal over his last four appearances (4-0-0 record, 0.25 GAA, .989 SV%, 3 SO in his last four appearances). He has posted a 6-0-0 record, along with a 0.83 GAA, a .966 SV%, and 3 SO in six KHL appearances in 2018-19