Thread: Rangers Draft [C] Keegan Iverson With 3rd Round (85th) Pick

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division

Rangers Draft [C] Keegan Iverson With 3rd Round (85th) Pick

Name: Keegan Iverson
    Position: Center
    Shoots: Right
    Current Team: Portland(WHL)

Hockey's Future Profile: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/keegan-iverson/

Iverson is a big-bodied forward with 200-foot skills. Will be given every opportunity to become a reliable scorer as junior career progresses. Physically imposing. Battles aggressively for puck. Not a guy who gets “pushed around”.
    Current Statistics
    HockeyDB.com Page: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=153233
    Team Player Page: http://whl.ca/roster/show/id/9712

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=95395

A rugged winger who can skate and likes to make physical contact to create opportunities for his team. His approach is to 'hit and ask questions later' and as an opponent, you best be aware when he's on the ice.
    @MarkSiedel - Keegan Iverson & Kyle Wood go back to back and went WAY lower then we had them on our list. They were both under-valued by Scouts ALL year!

http://lastwordonsports.com/2014/06/...eegan-iverson/

As a young player on a stacked team, he has not always gotten the type of premium quality ice-time that the veterans get. For example, he spent most of this season playing on the third line, but still managed to put up 22 goals and 42 points in 67 points despite a lack of power play time.
    Keegan Iverson has a very nice skating stride, leading to good top end speed and strong acceleration. He uses this to get in quick on the forecheck, and to absolutely hammer defencemen going back and picking up loose pucks. If there is a criticism in terms of his speed, its that his first step could be a little quicker, but this seems a minor concern. Agility though is merely average and he could use work in this area as well. He does have good muscle on his frame, giving him good balance for puck battles, and he is strong on the puck. He could be very scary if he can add even a little bit more muscle though.
    Offensively Iverson plays a very straight ahead, simple game. He loves to hit and punishes defencemen at every possible opportunity to create turnovers. With the puck on his stick, don’t expect a lot of elusive moves, he’d rather just drive straight at the net, or pass to an outlet and then head to the net. His vision is decent and his passes are crisp and accurate. Iverson’s shot has good power and accuracy, but he could have a better release, which would help him. He grinds well in the corners, and plays an effective cycle game. Iverson is not afraid to battle in the dirty areas of the ice or fight for position in front of the net.

Iverson continues his physical game in the defensive zone, back checking deep in support and willing to put back pressure on the puck carrier and finish his checks if given the opportunity. He does seem to shy away from blocking shots though, and he can get himself out of position from time to time looking for those big hits. He does avoid taking bad penalties, but has been known to fight from time to time.

Keegan Iverson’s style is reminiscent of Dustin Brown of the Los Angeles Kings. This isn’t a talent comparison, but just one based on style. In terms of potential there is an outside chance he could become a second line centre in the NHL, but his potential is more likely as an effective third line player going forward.

Senior Member Bantam Division rvbcaboose's Avatar
    Would love to hear his thoughts on practice.
    Hidden Content

"Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears"

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Seems like a solid pick at 85th overall.
    Glad we added a physically present, right-handed shooting center with at least some ability. Looks like he's not afraid to go into the dirty areas of the ice too, to score.
    Carcillo might just keep #13 warm long enough for Iverson to earn a spot maybe.

The article below gets into his mission to honor the hockey memory of paralyzed teammate Jack Jablonski, and his desire to play like hockey role model Jarome Iginla.

http://www.hockeywilderness.com/2014...-the-nhl-draft

Will follow with interest and some hope.

In addition to Iverson's size, the most impressive skill that he has in how well he sees the ice. His vision is better than his third line role would suggest. He is a blunt instrument with upside and character. Iverson is 85th on the NHL Central Scouting Rankings, so he's expected to be selected on the second day of the draft. The team that selects him will get a physical force and a great person too.
    Last edited by Respecttheblue; 06-28-2014 at 09:49 PM.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones
    Hidden Content

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    I'm thinking a bigger Andrew Shaw

Clean Slate, Grab It! NYR BSBH Prospect
    I like this kid the most out of all our picks yesterday.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I'm thinking a bigger Andrew Shaw
    Yeah, that sounds about right.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

His name is... BSBH Prospect
    I want him to be good, make the team, get cornrows, wear #3 and call him The Answer.

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Anybody watch the WHL? Iverson with unimpressive numbers (6-13-19 61 PIMs -4 in 43 gp). I know he was never going to be a scorer but those are pretty low numbers.

I was just coming in here to say the same thing. He's busted big time. More PIM's though!

Well...he's scored 10 points in the last month and a half it looks like. 11-18-29 in 58 games now. .5 points/game as opposed to .44. Not looking good unless the kid is seriously good on D and hits. At least he's only 18 but he's seen some regression since last year.

Just for reference, Connor McDavid has 25 points in his past 7+ games as the 8th game hasn't finished yet.

Not really a reference for anything with this kid

I just had to get it out there

Banned Pee-Wee Division NYRangerFan's Avatar
    I like his scouting report. Seems like a very annoying guy to play against.