• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Light the Night for Lilah

Dunny

BSBH members, guests and all Ranger fans:

As featured on Hockey Central @ Noon today (which likely only Phil listens to) friends of mine are going through a heart wrenching episode with their infant daughter. I'll post the background story here: http://www.thepost.on.ca/2014/06/02/hanover-toddler-needs-heart-transplant-fundraiser-for-hopkins-family-june-19

The father is a good friend of mine, as I mentioned in another thread he was my captain in minor hockey and the kind of guy you'd follow over a cliff. I'm stuck in Alberta whilst all the fundraising events are going on at home so I thought I could help them out in another way. I know everyone has their own problems and such but I also know there are parents here, and those who want to be parents (lookin at you Peter) and I think they will understand what gut wrenching episode this has to be for the Hopkins family. I'm in awe at the dignity they've carried themselves with as I would imagine I would either be curled up in the fetal position or pointing fingers at doctors.

What the news story or Hockey Central doesn't tell you is that Lilah suffered a stroke this morning due to the "Berlin Heart" they gave her and now her situation has become that much more complicated.

I've set up a GoFundMe acct with the thought that BSBH as a group could formulate a small donation to help the Hopkins in their time of need.

To make a donation, click here:

http://www.gofundme.com/agzqig

The Hopkins are a hockey family (Eric's uncle Dean played for the Kings ironically) and as such Eric has donated countless hours coaching minor hockey and junior. WE are a hockey family here at BSBH.co and my hope is that as a hockey family we might be able to scrape a few cents together to help another.

Thanks for your time

Dunny

I've talked to the organizers and been told that the trust fund they've set up ends on July 1st.

I'm going to set Wednesday as my date so I can get it all to them while I'm at home.

Huge thanks to all for donating or passing it along! Keep 'em coming even if it's 2 bucks. Don't make me call you out :D

Come on guys, if phillyb can kick in $5, surely everyone else can. I mean, have you seen him with his sister in the "Post Your Significant Other Thread"? Guy looks homeless (no offense phillyb).

lol!

when my gf and i first got together about four years ago, i did indeed live in my car.

there's a whole story there, but that's neither here nor there.

//donateplease

the goal is only 500 and they're more than 50% there.

just fyi, my bank account had 11 bucks in it before making this donation so to quote aj, "if phillyb can kick in $5, surely..."

YOU CAN TOO!

Archived