• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Obscure Rangers (They Played Here?!) Thread

Phil

I declare myself the WINNER of the thread with... the notorious Jim Dorey! They traded prospect Pierre Jarry to Toronto for him in early 1972 and he played one game before separating his shoulder. He then jumped to the WHA. But here is a picture from that game!

http://rangers.nhl.com/v2/photos/AllTimeRoster/headshots/8446444.jpg

I declare myself the WINNER of the thread with... the notorious Jim Dorey! They traded prospect Pierre Jarry to Toronto for him in early 1972 and he played one game before separating his shoulder. He then jumped to the WHA. But here is a picture from that game!

http://rangers.nhl.com/v2/photos/AllTimeRoster/headshots/8446444.jpg

That's going to be tough to beat from a longevity perspective.

D Jocelyn Guevermont. Played 20 games here at the end of 1979-80, scoring 2 goals after being acquired from Sabres for "future considerations". Had been on Canada's roster in 1972 Summit Series but was on his way out and never played another season.

It's not limited to any specific year or era. If they want to post Rangers from the 20s, let them. They're not harming anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I guess Josh ment it as a joke, and I just followed it up. For me its just fun to read about old horrible Rangers players. Makes me feel better about the shit that's been on the team over the last few years.

In 1977 the Rangers visited the Forum when the Canadien dynasty was at its absolute peak. The Habs had some kind of ridiculous home unbeaten streak going (was it 50? I can't remember). The lousy Rangers with their lousy GM John Ferguson and their disgraceful John Ferguson Winnipeg Jets knock off uniforms turned to a goalie, Hardy Astrom, to take on the Habs in the Forum. He beat them that night, but played only six games (haven't checked it) for the Rangers.http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-k_DowlfGPuQ/T69vi4uZFiI/AAAAAAAAATU/5kChUk0vOWQ/s1600/Hardy+%C3%85str%C3%B6m.jpg
  • Like 1

Anyone remember Sheldon Kannegeiser? ..not sure anyone listed him yet! :rofl:

Yes, he was a major prospect at one point who was a pre-draft era product of the Rangers Kitchner junior team (like Walt Tkzachuk). There was a long list of players that Emile Francis traded and then reacquired. Kannegeiser was in that category. Others included Jacker Egers, Real Lemieux, Mike McMahon, Phil Goyette, Camille Henry, Ron Stewart, Larry Brown etc. That was the Cat's M.O., though the reprise never worked out.