• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Godsmack Release First Single Off Their Upcoming Album "1000 hp"

Parsley

[video=youtube;JkmZz-nrlyg]

Sounds pretty good. I've been in rut with music and in need of something new (from an older band) so this is good. In a way, Godsmack are rather predictable in their sound, but if you were a fan in the late 90s, you probably still like it today.

I love the sound on this song, I just think the first verse, lyrics wise, are kinda lame. But I do love this song, and I've been waiting for a good new album as well. I'm still waiting on the new LB album as well, and just read that GNR have w albums complete, but that will probably be another 10 years before they see light knowing Axl.

"Cryin' Like A Bitch" was a pretty decent track, but I didn't really dig the last record as a whole. I've never really liked Godsmack as an album band to begin with. I usually pull three or four tracks off each record when I'm adding them to a mix.

This one's OK. Not heavy enough for Godsmack IMO. Too rocky, not enough umph.

"Cryin' Like A Bitch" was a pretty decent track, but I didn't really dig the last record as a whole. I've never really liked Godsmack as an album band to begin with. I usually pull three or four tracks off each record when I'm adding them to a mix.

I find myself doing this a lot lately with a lot of albums. I have only been buying albums that I really like the artist for, everything else I either get for free from my library or just don't buy. I have to go through my iPod and delete out some more songs on albums that I don't listen to.

• 2 weeks later...
I was so desperate for something "new" I purchased an (old) album out of desperation a few weeks ago from Marilyn Manson. Why? While I was never a huge fan of Manson, I loved the "Mechanical Animals" album, I did some browsing through iTunes and found his album "High End of Low"...from 2009 on sale for $7. I've been quite happy with it. It got pretty shitty reviews overall but for me it was worth the $7.

I love the sound on this song, I just think the first verse, lyrics wise, are kinda lame. But I do love this song, and I've been waiting for a good new album as well. I'm still waiting on the new LB album as well, and just read that GNR have w albums complete, but that will probably be another 10 years before they see light knowing Axl.

Agreed. The first verse is corny sounding. I too am waiting patiently on the LB release too. Would love to here that GNR stuff.

The last album was definitely a downer overall. I remember buying it, and within a month or two barely playing it. Meanwhile bands like the Deftones were producing quality albums that I continue to listen to (Diamond Eyes, Koi No Yokan).

Godsmack's best days are likely behind them (by a decade or so) but I'll give this album a shot.

The last album was definitely a downer overall. I remember buying it, and within a month or two barely playing it. Meanwhile bands like the Deftones were producing quality albums that I continue to listen to (Diamond Eyes, Koi No Yokan).

Godsmack's best days are likely behind them (by a decade or so) but I'll give this album a shot.

Same.

Speaking of Deftones, and not to hijack this thread, but check out Crosses — it's a Chino side project that I've fallen in love with.

Same.

Speaking of Deftones, and not to hijack this thread, but check out Crosses — it's a Chino side project that I've fallen in love with.

Sweet. Just found the whole album on YouTube. Will listen to it thoroughly tomorrow. :thumbs:

Agreed. The first verse is corny sounding. I too am waiting patiently on the LB release too. Would love to here that GNR stuff.

Yeah, we need some good new music from some of the older bands. I was just listening to my iPod last night on my way home from work, had some 90's music on and realized how bad todays music actually is.

I honestly didn't mind the last album, I love Whiskey Hangover. I was actually really disappointed in Sully's solo album though.

Yeah, we need some good new music from some of the older bands. I was just listening to my iPod last night on my way home from work, had some 90's music on and realized how bad todays music actually is.

Tell me about it...

I popped the "Evil Empire" album from RATM into my car CD player today.

Tell me about it...

I popped the "Evil Empire" album from RATM into my car CD player today.

Nice, I now know what my dad was talking about when he said the same thing to me when I was a kid, lol. To me, rock music is dead. Its rough when Imagine Dragons wins the grammy for best hard rock album. Even todays metal and hard rock bands suck. I have XM and listen to Octane(todays hard rock) every once in a while, and its such shit. I find myself listening to Lithium(90's rock) all the time. I was listening to old school Everclear last night. Man I miss that stuff.

Nice, I now know what my dad was talking about when he said the same thing to me when I was a kid, lol. To me, rock music is dead. Its rough when Imagine Dragons wins the grammy for best hard rock album. Even todays metal and hard rock bands suck. I have XM and listen to Octane(todays hard rock) every once in a while, and its such shit. I find myself listening to Lithium(90's rock) all the time. I was listening to old school Everclear last night. Man I miss that stuff.

Yeah I think it's half us showing our age and half hard rock music going down the shitter. We had it all in the 90s, the tail end of hair metal, grunge, legit hard rock and nu-metal. I have no complaints.

For me it was a progression from Motley Crue/GNR/Metallica into Nirvana/RATM into bands like TooL/Pantera/Korn/Deftones/Limp Bizkit/Clutch/Sick of it All. The last few bands I sprinkled into my "enjoy" list were bands like Godsmack/S.O.A.D/Hatebreed in the late 90s or early 2000s. Not many "new" bands over the past 10 years.

I also mellowed a bit and opened up to bands like Incubus and 311.......influenced some by my wife (met her 2001). Her taste in music isn't too bad. She enjoys alternative music like Linkin Park, STP and Pearl Jam and she was able to handle my love for hardcore music...even dragged her to a few concerts before we had kids :)

Archived