Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel/Vacation Thread

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    What do you consider North Myrtle?

Also, who's done the Disney Land thing? (Florida). I want to take the family but there's no god damn way I'm staying at their over priced resort.

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    its north of route 501 ,its a newer part of myrtle,route 501 is central myrtle ,than you have south myrtle and north myrtle,there are signs there to indicate,

Sticks Out For Harambe BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Also, who's done the Disney Land thing? (Florida). I want to take the family but there's no god damn way I'm staying at their over priced resort.
    Its an experience that is worth it if you want the whole deal. It is something to do once IMO. The flexibility and extra access is worth it IMO. But I've stayed off site as well.
    Hidden Content
    “Practice isn't the thing you do once you're good. It's the thing you do that makes you good.”- Malcolm Gladwell

Quote Originally Posted by lefty9 View Post
    its north of route 501 ,its a newer part of myrtle,route 501 is central myrtle ,than you have south myrtle and north myrtle,there are signs there to indicate,
    We never got north Grande Dunes. Wish we had more time, we'll have to check it out.

Kreidurrr BSBH Prospect
    Been many times. Way too many times. Prices also vary from resort to resort. The low end being $85 per night to around $700.
    Last edited by Drew a Penalty; 06-02-2014 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CreaseCrusader91 View Post
    Its an experience that is worth it if you want the whole deal. It is something to do once IMO. The flexibility and extra access is worth it IMO. But I've stayed off site as well.
    I don't think my kids will know the difference at their age. Maybe save the resort experience for the future when I hypothetically have more money I don't care about.

Did you find off site that much cheaper? Or is it close enough to just say fuck it and go for the resort.

//reported Junior Division
    i did disney land in la and absolutely hated it.
    i went in with the wrong expectations though. i thought it was an amusement park.

Sticks Out For Harambe BSBH Prospect
    I don't think my kids will know the difference at their age. Maybe save the resort experience for the future when I hypothetically have more money I don't care about.

Did you find off site that much cheaper? Or is it close enough to just say fuck it and go for the resort.
    OK. Didn't know ages. I was an RCI member at time so the price was pretty good.
    Hidden Content
    “Practice isn't the thing you do once you're good. It's the thing you do that makes you good.”- Malcolm Gladwell

Kreidurrr BSBH Prospect

How big of a family and what are you looking at for hotel price?

Quote Originally Posted by HL30MR35 View Post
    How big of a family and what are you looking at for hotel price?
    2 adults, 2 kids and possibly a mother in law. Kids aged 1 and 5. Trip will be wasted on 1 yo obviously but 5 yo is persistent and tired of waiting.

I was thinking of a condo for a week or something of that ilk. Flexible on price.

Kreidurrr BSBH Prospect
    2 adults, 2 kids and possibly a mother in law. Kids aged 1 and 5. Trip will be wasted on 1 yo obviously but 5 yo is persistent and tired of waiting.

I was thinking of a condo for a week or something of that ilk. Flexible on price.
    All depends on how you intend to do rooming. Most Disney rooms are studios with two beds. Assuming you'd give your mother in law her own room as well. Staying on an onsite resort for two rooms could be expensive depending on where you stay. I'm unfamiliar with it, but the Art of Animation resort has only been around for the last year or so. Rooms are all new and it's on the lower end for pricing if you want to stay onsite. For 2 rooms that might around $250 per night. Prices vary depending on season. June-July is a high point for prices and parks are also crowded.

If you're looking to not spend as much, going offsite might be cheaper. I'm not all too familiar with offsite locations. The only real benefits of staying on Disney property is the environment and the fact that Disney has its own transportation system. If you aren't looking to rent a car, Disney has shuttles that run every 15 or so minutes from park to resort and vice versa.

Thanks! Good to have an idea before my travel agent rapes me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Some of the resorts a few miles away are beautiful. You can get an amazing 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite on a beautiful property. I don't know how much it was though, I don't ask my parents these things. (I always find it funny when people on here know exactly how much their parents spend on shit)
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

Kreidurrr BSBH Prospect
    Just watch out for ticket prices and all of that. Don't get coaxed into any extra shit if you don't need it. Park hoppers and access to water parks aren't necessary and they just drive up the ticket price $100-200. The water parks are stupid if your resort has a pool and park hoppers aren't necessary for a family going for the first time. Tickets are the easiest way of spending money you don't need to spend.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    The water parks are amazing

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

Kreidurrr BSBH Prospect
    I find them unnecessary. I also don't know how they'd suit a one year old. Maybe Dunny's five year old would enjoy it, but I don't think a one year will differentiate a resort pool versus a water park pool.

No, I agree, he goes to Great Wolf Lodge every year. That's my 3 days of water parks for the year. Fuck that shit.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    You would be on the golf course anyway

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

Pretty sure she'd leave me if I packed the clubs.

But that's why God made Spring Training baseball.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast