Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Travel/Vacation Thread

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth Junior Division
    Well, I SURVIVED a week in Disney.

Yes, my little girls and my wife had a blast and it was nice to see them enjoying themselves and yes we had a very nice resort (Beach Club) nearby to several parks, but man the cost of the trip and the straightup nutjobs I witnessed (Disney obsessed adults.....what embarrassments) will take me some time to get over.

Oh well, it's done I'll probably be asked to be dragged back in a few years but I likely can get out of it that time.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    Well, I SURVIVED a week in Disney.

Yes, my little girls and my wife had a blast and it was nice to see them enjoying themselves and yes we had a very nice resort (Beach Club) nearby to several parks, but man the cost of the trip and the straightup nutjobs I witnessed (Disney obsessed adults.....what embarrassments) will take me some time to get over.

Oh well, it's done I'll probably be asked to be dragged back in a few years but I likely can get out of it that time.
    LOL! Seriously dude, adults in their 20's-50's standing on line to meet a character and get an AUTOGRAPH was so weird. Like do these people think they're real?

Travel/Vacation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    LOL! Seriously dude, adults in their 20's-50's standing on line to meet a character and get an AUTOGRAPH was so weird. Like do these people think they're real?
    I literally felt uncomfortable.

Grown men wearing fucking Mickey ears.
    I'm not talking about dad's either. (Although that's no excuse).

25-45 year old women literally in tears hugging Disney princesses who are nobody's? Creepy stuff.

For kids under 12 or so it's cute to see interaction and awkwardness as they meet "characters". Everything else made me cringe.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    I have two coworkers, a 22-23 year old and another in her 50s, both these bitches are OBSESSED. Its so annoying.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Guys please stop making fun of Niko

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

Deleted Midget Division
    Yet grown men wait in line to meet their fave 18-30 year old sports players.

Life is weird. Embrace it.

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by torontonyr View Post
    Yet grown men wait in line to meet their fave 18-30 year old sports players.

Life is weird. Embrace it.
    A grown man waiting in line to meet Mike Richter is a bit different from waiting in line to meet someone dressed up as Mickey Mouse.

Travel/Vacation Thread

To me (an adult) meeting an athlete or even a musician or actor holds much more weight than meeting some college girl dressed up as Snow White signing autograph books and posing for pictures.

With that said, I've never waited in line for athletes, musicians, etc.

Obviously, 2/3 of the people in Disney are kids waiting in line but there was the odd group of adults acting/looking like they are 10 years old. It was weird to witness for a week straight.

Banned Midget Division
    Booked a trip to portugal in early November. Any ideas? Anyone been?

//reported Junior Division
    Friend of mine went to Portugal back in Feb or March. He found a woman and fell in love with her. Look for Marta.
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Going to Disney requires an open mind. Otherwise, stay home next time. A trip to Disney as everyone that is in tune with the world knows, is nothing but annoying, noisy, crowded, over-hyped and unbelievably expensive. And the food is lousy too. Somewhat along the lines of MSG.

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by booze and wingz View Post
    Friend of mine went to Portugal back in Feb or March. He found a woman and fell in love with her. Look for Marta.
    lmao

//reported Junior Division
    Me and duckface are going to Paris for xmas and Amsterdam for New Year's.

We booked our flights last week and today we'll be booking hotels. The flights weren't cheap, but it's the holiday season, so whatever.

We were originally quoted 1150 for Chicago > Copenhagen layover > Paris then Amsterdam > Stockholm layover > Chicago from 12/22 - 1/4

THEN the agent we're working with called us back and got us on a first class, nonstop to Paris for 1450 each. Expensive, but probably worth it.

Too bad the return flight still has a layover.

I've been to Paris once and stayed near the Eiffel Tower, probably in the 7th Arrondissement, but I think we're gonna stay near The Marais. Idk. Nce. I'm fucking thrilled.

Jack gets to cross off "go to Europe before 30" from her bucket list.

Secret part: we're eloping before we get on the plane and treating this as our honeymoon, which is funny cause we already have wedding plans for May in Vegas. And we've already told about 30 people...sooooo...cool.
    Out: Girardi, Klein, Stepan, Raanta
    In: Shattenkirk, Desharnais, Pavalec, DeAngelo/Bereglazalov/Pionk

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Awesome.
    I have a love/hate relationship with Paris. Probably the dirtiest place I've ever been, and the street dealers are annoying as hell.
    It's so important to stay away from tourist areas. They are overrun by gypsies (not sure if this is PC, but it's the most endearing term I can think of). But I have a ton of great memories in some of the other places around the city. Plus there's just so much history, walking around can be amazing.

Senior Member Mite Division 4EverRangerFrank's Avatar

Travel/Vacation Thread

When our boys were young we took two trips on the Disney cruise. Despite being sold-out you never had the feeling of ‘too many people.’ Our small business manages crowds of 300-600 people at a time but I really appreciate how Disney has thought through the space management issues on a boat with thousands! And the food was fantastic too. No kidding.
    Last edited by 4EverRangerFrank; 10-13-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Booked part of my Iceland/Paris trip. Booked hotel and 3 day tour in Iceland. Any recommendations to eat/drink in Reykjavik will be greatly appreciated.

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    "Pizza with no Name" Was the best spot I went to, nothing special, but unique local stuff and good beer it's just off Laugavegur on Hverfisgata. It also is joined with "Mikkelar and Friends" Same management, but one side for beers and apps other side for Pizza.

Pick one of the seafood spots on Laugavegur and you can't really go wrong. We went to Harry's on Laugavegur.

Avoid North American breakfasts, they're the worse than my wife makes

Lebowski Bar was fun, but I was paying close to $30 CDN for a gin and tonic at any bar, was swilling local beer for about $18/Pint. Pretty bizarre.

Went to the famous hotdog stand but we were beyond wasted, don't remember much, but I think it's awful.

What's neat about Reykjavik is that you'll see all the places I mentioned on your first walk. I was forced to go and frankly I didn't want to go, but my wife and I find ourselves pining for it again. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Dunny; Yesterday at 04:53 PM.

Will add: Best night we had was out of Reykjavik in Hvergardi (sp?) at Frost and Fire hotel. Awesome little village more my pace and lots of thermals and gentle mountains to explore. Great people, only 30 minutes from Reykjavik.

Senior Member Squirt Division pws85nyr's Avatar
    Lebowski bar is good, but you'll find Reykjavik, well Iceland as a whole, is so expensive. In fact Scandinavia as a whole to be fair. Beautiful place though, some good day trips (but again super expensive).

P.S. try 'Brennivín' and let me know what you think. It's the local spirit of choice.

Brennivin is awful, don't try it. Or Puffin, don't eat it.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast