• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Michael Fassbender Confirms 'Prometheus 2' Is A Go

Phil

Ridley Scott confirmed months ago that the script to Prometheus 2 was in the bag. Filming is slated to begin this fall, with a projected release date of March 2016. Now, in unsurprising but auspicious news, Michael Fassbender has confirmed he's "doing a sequel," presumable reprising his role as David (Davids?).

Fassbender's confirmation came during an interview with Collider while promoting X-Men: Days of Future Past:

Regarding the specific exchange on Prometheus 2, Steve asked Fassbender if he was looking forward to working with Scott on sequel, and he replied, "For sure. I love Ridley. He's a master filmmaker," at which point James McAvoy, who was also part of the interview, turned to Fassbender and asked, "Are you doing a sequel?"

Fassbender turned to his X-Men co-star and replied, "Yeah, but when I don't know."

http://io9.com/michael-fassbender-confirms-prometheus-2-is-a-go-1574765130?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

--

Excite!

I thought it was awful and pointless, but I also fell asleep. Maybe I was tired, but maybe the movie sucked. I have to re-watch.

So you're judging it based on only the portion you saw? That's not exactly fair to it. I'm a huge fan of the entire Alien story, so getting another, even in the form of a prequel, was just icing for me, but I thought the film was quite clear and easy to understand — even more so the second time around. Then again, I've probably watched it a dozen times since it came out, so maybe I'm retaining just more information based on how many times I've seen it?

So you're judging it based on only the portion you saw? That's not exactly fair to it. I'm a huge fan of the entire Alien story, so getting another, even in the form of a prequel, was just icing for me, but I thought the film was quite clear and easy to understand — even more so the second time around. Then again, I've probably watched it a dozen times since it came out, so maybe I'm retaining just more information based on how many times I've seen it?

I mean I tried to watch it twice and both times I fell asleep, so to me, that means the movie sucked IMO. But there's a chance I was just really tired. That's why I'll try again.

I mean, if a movie is so bad (IMO) I fall asleep 2-3 times trying to get through it, that's enough for me to make a personal judgement on it, ya know?

Sure. I've had similar experiences. But I wouldn't say that means the movie sucks. I'd say it means it sucked for you.
When anyone says a movie sucks or a movie is great, they're only speaking for themselves. Even if their opinion is in the majority.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w108/Billtog/splittinghairs.jpg

I'm curious what you found bad about it? I rank the first Prometheus as a top-5 sci-fi movie of all-time.

We're talking about this one right?

[video=youtube;-BWnTW4rL0U]

While that video is for entertainment, it also mentions some obvious plotholes that really annoyed me. Also the characters were all meh and I really didn't care for them.

You basically posted a YouTube video compiling some of the dumbest reasons to shit on the movie over. The effects of the "rubix" cube? The opening credits design? The fact a gun isn't used twice?

That entire video is one long OCD-like rant about minutia that no one should cared about for more than about ten seconds as those sequences occurred if they weren't going into the movie wanting to rip it apart.

That's why I said it's for entertainment. I actually saw the movie before I saw that video.

Anyway, they still have the most important point right:

Why can the robot do all the things he does? I don't even remember his reason, there propably was one.

Minor, but still annoying:

She's freshly operated, but runs around like that, with no oxygen of course. You might call that nitpicking, but it really breaks it (even more) for me.

Also again, all the characters are totally uninteresting, why should anyone care if they die? So old dude was blonde chicks father...., ok and that's shocking and important.....why?

I get that it's a prequel to a beloved trilogy (don't remember much of the fourth one, but remember not liking it either), but there isn't much connection to it aside from the Alien being born at the end.

That's why I said it's for entertainment. I actually saw the movie before I saw that video.

Anyway, they still have the most important point right:

Why can the robot do all the things he does? I don't even remember his reason, there propably was one.

Minor, but still annoying:

She's freshly operated, but runs around like that, with no oxygen of course. You might call that nitpicking, but it really breaks it (even more) for me.

Also again, all the characters are totally uninteresting, why should anyone care if they die? So old dude was blonde chicks father...., ok and that's shocking and important.....why?

I get that it's a prequel to a beloved trilogy (don't remember much of the fourth one, but remember not liking it either), but there isn't much connection to it aside from the Alien being born at the end.

Yes, because it's a prequel to it, as in showing the origins story of the Aliens born. Hence the final scene after all the calamity in the pod at the end of the movie.

And not to entirely dismiss your arguments, but when you say something is "minor, but annoying", that still means it's minor, so how is it a 124-minute feature film can suck if the only real complaints you have are over the most minor annoyances in it?

When you're watching a movie like this, who're premise is entirely based in fantasy and sci-fi — you have to suspend your disbelief.

What's more unrealistic, the fact that she's running after surgery? Or...the entire freaking movie as a whole?

She's running after futuristic sci-fi surgery. We have no idea what kind of medical advancements have been made to that point. Maybe the machine did more than just cut her open and sew her shut? Maybe the shit it sprayed on her stomach beforehand was more than just local anesthetic?

But, yeah, if you're going into these types of films looking for realism, I'd call that a failure to launch if there ever was one. If there are small blips in the story like this, why are we focusing on them? They really don't matter that much.

That's like complaining about the pianos and anvils crushing characters in Acme cartoons, talking about how it's impossible to survive.

Yes, because it's a prequel to it, as in showing the origins story of the Aliens born. Hence the final scene after all the calamity in the pod at the end of the movie.

And not to entirely dismiss your arguments, but when you say something is "minor, but annoying", that still means it's minor, so how is it a 124-minute feature film can suck if the only real complaints you have are over the most minor annoyances in it?

But you try to dismiss them entirely anyway, by focusing on the one I already said was a minor one and claiming there should be a suspension of disbelieve. I never said that was the point that killed the movie for me, I just stated it as another annoyance and don't give me that "it's SF" excuse. The machine did nothing more than clamp her wound down. If it did nothing to improve the durability of her skin that won't hold.

But again, I would have disliked this movie without it too.

Due to

-boring characters that act incredibly stupid.

-the lack of explanation why the Robot could trigger all the events in the first place, but I guess it being SF explains it. He just had that insanly advanced tech that made him able to understand everything.

And if I can't get into that it really kills the movie.

Archived