Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Odds That Global Warming [Climate Change] is Due to Natural Factors: Slim to None

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    The US is currently a country dependent on fossil fuels. That doesn't mean in the future we will depend on fossil fuels.

http://www.electrical-efficiency.com...ph-ang-ENR.png
    French energy use: 83% nuclear; 11% renewable thermal energy and waste; 4% hydropower, wind, photovoltaic,; 2% coal oil, gas

http://setis.ec.europa.eu/energy-res...ountry/iceland
    "About 81 % of total primary energy supply in Iceland is derived from domestic renewable energy sources. Nearly 85 % of all houses in Iceland are heated with geothermal energy. Renewable energy provides 100 % of electricity production, with about 70 % coming from hydropower and 30 % from geothermal."

The US chooses to fight wars in Middle East to protect it's fossil fuel supply (among other reasons) with a corresponding expensive economic price tag and loss of human lives. That money could be used to pursue other energy options, including R&D to improve the feasibility of other energy options.

There are always options, sometimes the human brain gets fixated that since things have always been a certain way, the best thing to do is keep the status quo.
    There is a resort near our area, completely utilizing thermal and renewable sources. It fits within their demands.
    Iceland last year consumed approx. 200 trillion BTU's for energy consumption.
    The United States consumed approx. 100,000 trillion BTU's for energy consumption.

I could see going Nuclear for electrical such as France, but many road blocks and political hoops to jump through that.
    The fact is, renewable resources are a great idea. But really until there is a magic wand that appears, we are a country dependent on fossil fuels.

The first discussion in regards to energy in this country has to ask the question....how do we use less.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

Pope Francis says global warming is 'mostly manmade'

Not that he's an authority on the subject at all, but Pope Francis has now also gone on record as saying global warming not only exists, but is "mostly manmade":

“I don’t know if it is all [man’s fault] but the majority is, for the most part, it is man who continuously slaps down nature,” he said, according to The Guardian.
    http://mashable.com/2015/01/15/pope-...m-Tw-main-link
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Deleted Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    Not that he's an authority on the subject at all, but Pope Francis has now also gone on record as saying global warming not only exists, but is "mostly manmade":

http://mashable.com/2015/01/15/pope-...m-Tw-main-link

That "mostly manmade" quote is ridiculous on the part of Mashable. He never said that in the Guardian article and they're parading paraphrasing as spoken fact.

Apart from that I have very little issue. He himself attempts to preface the answer with his own ignorance on the matter.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Well, sort of. If you read his quote, he's saying he doesn't know if it's all man's fault, but "the majority is". The second half is actually a new sentence/thought being conjoined by a comma where it's probably not necessary.

It should read like this:

"I don't know if it is all [man's fault], but the majority is."
    "For the most part, it is man who continuously slaps down nature,"
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Deleted Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    Well, sort of. If you read his quote, he's saying he doesn't know if it's all man's fault, but "the majority is". The second half is actually a new sentence/thought being conjoined by a comma where it's probably not necessary.

It should read like this:

"I don't know if it is all [man's fault], but the majority is."
    "For the most part, it is man who continuously slaps down nature,"
    The preface offers context to his knowledge. You packaged this article correctly to the forum, mashable presents it incorrectly to its audience for clicks.

swamped Midget Division
    2014: Hottest Year in Recorded Human History
    http://www.wunderground.com/blog/Jef...?entrynum=2896
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

swamped Midget Division
    'Before the Flood' is available free this week on youtube, facebook, other outlets. Most amazing 90 minute video I've ever seen on this issue.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90CkXVF-Q8M

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

swamped Midget Division

swamped Midget Division

Moderator Junior Division
    Climate change is still terrifying and it doesn't matter who is in office because lobbyists get more shit done than Congress.

swamped Midget Division
    Fossil fuel industry already had powerful lobbyists, now they have cabinet positions.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920