• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Limp Bizkit Release New Album "Gold Cobra"

Jules

Yeah, everyone is different, especially when it comes to music. Overall, i don't think their "style" has changed a whole lot since the 90s.......and to me, that's a good thing.

I'm sure album sales for this new album will be low in comparison to the past, but I'm just happy they are going to release something, especially with all the emo, garbage floating around these days on radio/tv, etc.

I'm in the minority in that, usually. I like when bands change. Proves to me they're artists, and not con-artists. Bands that tend to put out the same record over-and-over again either really like that sound, which is fine, or are doing so because they know people will continue to buy it, which is a con to me. Takes very little effort to record what is essentially the same 12 songs from album-to-album with minor tweaks and name changes.

I'm in the minority in that, usually. I like when bands change. Proves to me they're artists, and not con-artists. Bands that tend to put out the same record over-and-over again either really like that sound, which is fine, or are doing so because they know people will continue to buy it, which is a con to me. Takes very little effort to record what is essentially the same 12 songs from album-to-album with minor tweaks and name changes.

Same. I like bands that evolve their music. I've never been one of these music critics who bashes a band for evolving or changing its style, as long as it doesn't compromise who they are.

You also notice that with many bands they do whats popular in their beginning and once they get established they tend to create what they truly like and the sound they always wanted to have. Not all, but many

• 3 weeks later...
The whole album is out. And it's oldschool Bizkit, kinda like in 1999-2000 and it's fun. Lyrics suck, as always, but the riffs are fucking LOUD. Wes Borland is going berserk all album long and I'm lovin' it.

Archived