• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Is your dog a murderer and what does he/she score?

Dave

So last night I got a call from the Mrs that my Siberian Husky Kiera had caught a possum in the yard. She got the dog inside but wasn't sure if the thing was dead or not. I came home later, couldn't be sure so I moved it to the front yard via shovel.

When I looked out the window this morning I didn't see it, so I thought it had either stopped playing possum or had been raptured up.

I went out later and it turned out it was dead and I had just left it in a spot I couldn't see from the window. On closer inspection, it had a bullet like hole in it's head, just above it's eye. Not much blood though.

Anyway it got me thinking. Who else here has a dog that murders stuff? And what is their life time bating average?

Kiera has six possums, three squirrels, a chipmunk and a baby skunk over a seven and a half year career. At least that I know about.

Oh and if you are thinking about posting about the little bird your cat took down that one time, don't. Cats suck.

Zero kills, 100,000 attempted kills for Chance when he was still with us. He always came real close with squirrels but could never quite catch them.

Oh, and cats do suck, and my wife's suck even more because the one has caught two cockroaches in the last four years and DIDN'T KILL THEM. It brought them to her ALIVE. Worthless little ball of hair...

My Morkie we think killed a mouse when he was a puppy. I was at work and my wife had let him out. He was out for a while, and when she called him to come in, he came trotting up with something hanging out of his mouth. When she went to check, she found it was a mouse and he was crunching it in his mouth. Both he and my Pug go after the squirrels and birds, but never catch them. They do kill their toys though, we always have stuffing all over the house form a toy, and my Pug ate a Kong toy apart that was supposed to be indestructible. My Morkie also destroys any paper or tissues while we are out.

My Morkie we think killed a mouse when he was a puppy. I was at work and my wife had let him out. He was out for a while' date=' and when she called him to come in, he came trotting up with something hanging out of his mouth. When she went to check, she found it was a mouse and he was crunching it in his mouth. Both he and my Pug go after the squirrels and birds, but never catch them. They do kill their toys though, we always have stuffing all over the house form a toy, and my Pug ate a Kong toy apart that was supposed to be indestructible. My Morkie also destroys any paper or tissues while we are out.[/quote']

We are going to count that as a strong rookie season for your Morkie, although he needs to work on his game.

My older yellow lab, Payton, has never killed. Cornered, yes, but no confirmed kills. We went camping and he had cornered a ground hog, and just barked, for like 15 minutes until my wife and I came to check out what was going on. ( he goes stealth mode by the creek when we camp, hiding in the tall grass on the banks, hardly see him until we ask, where's Payton, and he will pop his head up 100 feet away). When he does corner things and we check it out he is super proud. Then gets pissed when we let the creature go away.

He did once catch a baby rabbit, but he has a soft bite like most labs, brought it to me and dropped it at my feet. Thing just scampered away and lived under our house.

The other dog, diamond, def. has no kills, she's just has no instincts and chases any thing. She was paralyzed at one point and when she runs after things, she isn't quiet because I don't think she can fully feel her backlegs still. I doubt she would know what to do with anything if she did catch something

My older yellow lab, Payton, has never killed. Cornered, yes, but no confirmed kills. We went camping and he had cornered a ground hog, and just barked, for like 15 minutes until my wife and I came to check out what was going on. ( he goes stealth mode by the creek when we camp, hiding in the tall grass on the banks, hardly see him until we ask, where's Payton, and he will pop his head up 100 feet away). When he does corner things and we check it out he is super proud. Then gets pissed when we let the creature go away.

He did once catch a baby rabbit, but he has a soft bite like most labs, brought it to me and dropped it at my feet. Thing just scampered away and lived under our house.

The other dog, diamond, def. has no kills, she's just has no instincts and chases any thing. She was paralyzed at one point and when she runs after things, she isn't quiet because I don't think she can fully feel her backlegs still. I doubt she would know what to do with anything if she did catch something

Kiera's cornered probably 3X's as many animals as she's killed. Only one had me worried, which was a raccoon. Those things seem vicious.

My dog is too fat and slow to try and catch any animals.

Question about cats. Im not a cat person, I think they suck too. However, my wife doesnt mind cats but my daughter LOVES cats. How the F do you train them from not jumping on tables and counters? That kind of skeeves me out that they piss/take a dump in a litter box, kick the shit, then walk around the house with their dirty paws, jump on counters/tables where we eat, etc......

Hey! Cats don't all suck. The three we have now are indoor cats so they only play with and torture the occasional spider. My old cats were indoor/outdoor and would kill mice, moles, the occasional chipmunk, and many birds. We'd just find decapitated animals around our yard.

Question about cats. Im not a cat person, I think they suck too. However, my wife doesnt mind cats but my daughter LOVES cats. How the F do you train them from not jumping on tables and counters? That kind of skeeves me out that they piss/take a dump in a litter box, kick the shit, then walk around the house with their dirty paws, jump on counters/tables where we eat, etc......

You can keep them in a cage where they belong. Some people use squirt bottles. You can't use positive reinforcement with them because cats are assholes.

Hey! Cats don't all suck. The three we have now are indoor cats so they only play with and torture the occasional spider. My old cats were indoor/outdoor and would kill mice' date=' moles, the occasional chipmunk, and many birds. We'd just find decapitated animals around our yard.[/quote']

Apparently cat owners can't read. In this thread we don't care what they do.

• 2 weeks later...

What I do to keep my cats off of tables and such is I have a spray water bottle and if they are fighting in a ball or on something they aren't supposed to be on, I squirt them with it, they hate water so now even if I pick up the water bottle the run

• 5 weeks later...

Archived