• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Black Keys Release New Album 'Turn Blue'

Morphinity 2.0

http://revolt.tv/news/new-black-keys-single-fever-to-arrive-monday/0E2F124E-5101-4E71-9496-C8F991744408

It?s been seemingly non-stop for The Black Keys since the release of their runaway breakout Brothers, which took the duo from club-headlining indie darlings to commercial cash cows (seriously, these dudes have no qualms about licensing) in a single swoop. Following a mere year later with the equally-celebrated El Camino, we?ve now seen the single longest gap between BK albums in the group?s history, though that drought is soon to end with the announce of new single, "Fever," set to hit US rock radio this coming Monday at 3:30 EST / 12:30 PST.

As of now, no further details on a forthcoming LP are available, though we do know you can expect more info surrounding the release to arrive on Monday as well, with sources telling REVOLT the first track is, in a word, ?Amazing."

http://i.imgur.com/Aouil.gif

Youre definitely in the minority among people that didnt like El Camino.

I don't think I am. When you look at their body of work, especially coming off of something like Brothers, you have to ambit that El Camino was weak. I think Attack and Release was weak too, but there were two or three tracks on their I really liked. If I never heard another song off of El Camino again I wouldn't be mad. That's not to say I didn't like it, but I didn't find it to be good, either. It's easily their weakest album. I'm not an angry old-head who says everything should sound like The Big Come Up either, I loved Brothers, it just isn't a very deep sounding or executed album.

There are some tracks on El Camino I like and some I don't. The thing about the blues is that it can get very, very repetitive and I think the Keys were starting to suffer from that a bit. It's great music, but you can't have a repertoire of only slow blues tracks and consider it a career well spent as a musician. Bands evolve, and TBK has evolved into... something. Not sure what yet. They're definitely not a blues rock band anymore.

There are some tracks on El Camino I like and some I don't. The thing about the blues is that it can get very, very repetitive and I think the Keys were starting to suffer from that a bit. It's great music, but you can't have a repertoire of only slow blues tracks and consider it a career well spent as a musician. Bands evolve, and TBK has evolved into... something. Not sure what yet. They're definitely not a blues rock band anymore.

I agree. Attack and Release to some degree, but really Brothers was a really big indication of their move. Brothers is RnB played on the offbeat, which I really liked. El Camino seemed like it was simply timed rhythm guitar layering. Creates some diversity, but at the same time it also limits creativity imo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived