Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'True Detective' on HBO: Season 2

Senior Member Midget Division

'True Detective' on HBO: Season 2

As someone mentioned, we know from a very recent interview with Pizzolatto that Season 2 will be about “hard women, bad men and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system...". We pretty much know for sure that Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson will not be back. But this interview dates back to February 4th. I've been holding back for a while. Here it is.

Is it hard writing the second season after putting everything and the kitchen sink into the first?
    Now I feel like I’m in a really sweet spot where I can really go nuts. Like, I bought myself some credibility. One of my goals for Season Two is more authentic, faster—and stranger. It’s going to get stranger.
    I’ll be honest, though: if I get to do this two more times, I could see calling it a day. Because I basically have to reinvent the wheel every new season. Every first episode is a pilot. I’ve got to win people over again.
    Has it been challenging to create a new character who can stand toe to toe with Cohle?
    I got him.
    You do?
    That’s when I start to know when I’m off to the races—when I’m in love again. And it’s not in love with an idea. I’m in love with a character. A character just did something on a page that made me sit up and go, “Now you’re becoming a dimensional human being to me, and I’m interested.”
    When did that happen with Cohle?
    With Cohle it happened almost instantly, when I was writing his voice. He was describing that crime scene and what they found, and I’m going along with him. And then his partner decides, for whatever reason, that this is a good time to invite him to dinner. And then the voice tells me that he says “OK.” But he’s thinking about his own daughter, and Hart’s wife and kids, and he knows maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but there’s nothing he can do: “I’m gonna have a drink.” And I remember writing that freehand and going, “OK. Interested in YOU.” I’ll let this guy keep talking and see what else he tells me.
    Tell me about the character you’re excited about for Season Two.
    I’ve got three characters I like, actually.
    And they’re nothing like Rust Cohle?
    Nothing. I’ve been told not to reveal anything else about Season Two because none of this is approved. I might hand it in to my paymasters and they’ll be like, “What the hell is this?”
    I have lived for two years with this show. Now that it’s out, I’m able to look back on and think, “God that was crazy. What was I thinking?” If I had know the sheer amount of work that would have been entailed, I would have been like, “Fuck yeah, I need a couple of other writers, a good supervising producer, I need this, I need that…”
    And yet you’re doing it the same way again.
    Yeah, because I have to live up to Season One. Because people liked it. It would be a different story if nobody had noticed True Detective, or if it just had a small cult following. But in order to make the second season as full and dense and rich as the first … I don’t know any other way to do it. So I think I’m going to have to do it again.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...izzolatto.html

"I got him."
    ‎"...the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of Party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it... It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which find a facilitated access to the Government itself through the channels of party passions."
    -George Washington
    Hidden Content

His name is... BSBH Prospect
    That's pretty great stuff. I hope he's right, and I'm intrigued by the idea of "hard women." The fact that powerful women are becoming a part of every day culture is awesome to me.

Clean Slate, Grab It! NYR BSBH Prospect
    Looks like we'll be getting two female cops for the next one.

Not necessarily.
    ‎"...the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of Party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it... It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which find a facilitated access to the Government itself through the channels of party passions."
    -George Washington
    Hidden Content

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...y-9196502.html

The hunt for a new pair of True Detectives is on after Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson confirmed they would not be back for season 2, with Brad Pitt being one of the names in the frame.

The role is one of the most coveted in Hollywood thanks to the success and scope of the HBO drama, which will start afresh with a new case and new police investigators for its second outing.

According to Hollywood Life: "Brad’s name has come up many times, it’s just a matter of what his other commitments are.

"Brad has tight relations with HBO — he teamed up with Ryan Murphy last year to produce the HBO movie The Normal Heart. I know everyone would be thrilled to have him onboard."
    We may now actually find out WHAT'S IN THE BOX

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Se7en, the series!
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Morgan Freeman?

This might be out of left field, but I think Keanu Reeves would be perfect for a True Detective role. He fits that MM type perfectly.

Just no Nick Cage and I'm good.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    I want Billy Bob Thornton.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    YES!
    -George Washington
    Hidden Content

Keanu Reeves and Matthew Broderick.

Terrible.
    -George Washington
    Hidden Content

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    I think he's doing the Fargo TV series with Saul Goodman
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    http://www.nerdist.com/2014/05/exclu...tive-season-2/

Recent rumors have stated series creator Nic Pizzolatto was seeking a female-driven cast for Season 2 of the hit HBO series, and now today, Nerdist has learned exclusively one of the names that may be on the bill in 2015: Jessica Chastain.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Well I'm not excited for it as much anymore

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

Lead from Zero Dark Thirty. I like it.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    I just don't think female leads can come anywhere close to what MM and WH did last season. If it wasn't as good, I would be excited.

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

I doubt you could find many male leads that could better or even replicate what you had last season. My take is you have to go into this expecting something brand new, or you're going to be disappointed before it even starts.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Yea I feel you, I have a lot of faith in the writing. The same story angle would actually be really interesting from a female perspective

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast