Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Malaysian Airliner Carrying 239 People Believed To Have Crashed in Indian Ocean

🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    Maybe there is a Bermuda Triangle over in Malaysia somewhere
    Scary whenever stuff like this happens especially if your flying soon afterwards

Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by !br-avery! View Post
    Maybe there is a Bermuda Triangle over in Malaysia somewhere
    Scary whenever stuff like this happens especially if your flying soon afterwards
    If you mean a place where supernatural accidents happen to airplanes or vessels, than there is no Bermuda Triangle near Bermuda either. That actual triangle between Florida, Puerto Rico and Bermuda is not even in the top 10 of most dangerous waters or most dangerous airspaces in the world, because there are very few unexplained accidents. The image of the Bermuda Triangle is based on a few notorious cases, which (nearly) all happened at a time media wasn't modern and information was scarce.

Sorry, I know it's a rather unexciting answer.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    If you mean a place where supernatural accidents happen to airplanes or vessels, than there is no Bermuda Triangle near Bermuda either. That actual triangle between Florida, Puerto Rico and Bermuda is not even in the top 10 of most dangerous waters or most dangerous airspaces in the world, because there are very few unexplained accidents. The image of the Bermuda Triangle is based on a few notorious cases, which (nearly) all happened at a time media wasn't modern and information was scarce.

Sorry, I know it's a rather unexciting answer.
    Of course I meant he area from Florida to Puerto Rico to Bermuda,watched many shows and documentaries on it.Always was pretty interesting.I thought I read somewhere that there are a lot more cases around there which just aren't documented,mostly smaller planes and such.
    What are the most dangerous airpspaces in the world ?curious

Of course I meant he area from Florida to Puerto Rico to Bermuda,watched many shows and documentaries on it.Always was pretty interesting.I thought I read somewhere that there are a lot more cases around there which just aren't documented,mostly smaller planes and such.
    What are the most dangerous airpspaces in the world ?curious
    National Geographic wrote a great piece on if the Bermuda Triangle is really supernatural or if there is a far more plausible explanation. The piece is HERE and this is the best quote:

"The region is highly traveled and has been a busy crossroads since the early days of European exploration," said John Reilly, a historian with the U.S. Naval Historical Foundation. "To say quite a few ships and airplanes have gone down there is like saying there are an awful lot of car accidents on the New Jersey Turnpike—surprise, surprise."

Lieutenant A. L. Russell, in the U.S. Coast Guard's official response to Bermuda Triangle inquiries, writes: "It has been our experience that the combined forces of nature and the unpredictability of mankind outdo science-fiction stories many times each year."
    Yes, small planes go down and small vessels have disappeared, but if it happens anywhere else but there, it's attributed to its likely reasons for an accident. If it happens in that area, which is very congested for ships and above all has quickly shifting weather, people attribute it too quickly to the mystical image or unexplained reasons.

As for the most dangerous areas, here's the map for shipping:

And for airspaces, it's often measured by busiest, most accidents and most likely to experience mishaps and New York, Washington DC, East China, Central and East Russia and Bahrain are among those with a high number of accidents, near accidents and potential risk, for various different reasons.
    Hidden Content

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    My issue with the terrorist theory is that no one has come out yet to take responsibility. Usually if it's terrorism, someone will come out and say they did it, even if it's not an official release, they would hear it in the chatter. Thy also said that there is always at least 1 person in these flights that has a fake or stolen passport, it was mentioned on the news this morning. I'm wondering if the entire electrical system crashed and maybe started a fire and that's why there was no communications from the pilots.

Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source

Officials investigating the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner with 239 people on board suspect it may have disintegrated in mid-flight, a senior source said on Sunday, as Vietnam reported a possible sighting of wreckage from the plane.

International police agency Interpol confirmed that two passengers on the flight had used stolen Austrian and Italian passports, raising suspicions of foul play.
    "The fact that we are unable to find any debris so far appears to indicate that the aircraft is likely to have disintegrated at around 35,000 feet," a source involved in the investigations in Malaysia told Reuters.

If the plane had plunged intact from close to its cruising altitude, breaking up only on impact with the water, search teams would have expected to find a fairly concentrated pattern of debris, said the source, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the investigation publicly.

Asked about the possibility of an explosion, such as a bomb, the source said there was no evidence yet of foul play and that the aircraft could have broken up due to mechanical causes.
    Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...&dlvrit=992637
    Hidden Content

Senior Member Midget Division
    I think it's important to know who was on that flight. What kind of business were these people in? Any key players in big $$$$$?

Foul play is my guess. Airplanes dont just blow up, do they?
    ‎"...the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of Party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it... It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which find a facilitated access to the Government itself through the channels of party passions."
    -George Washington
    Hidden Content

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by quick release View Post
    I think it's important to know who was on that flight. What kind of business were these people in? Any key players in big $$$$$?

Foul play is my guess. Airplanes dont just blow up, do they?
    Not typically, no.

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    They all backed bitcoin...

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They all backed bitcoin...

Shills.
    ‎"...the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of Party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it... It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which find a facilitated access to the Government itself through the channels of party passions."
    -George Washington
    Hidden Content

Wasnt there a large group from the same company on that flight, like 23 employees or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    Wasnt there a large group from the same company on that flight, like 23 employees or something like that?
    Yes, a total of 20 employees from China and Malaysia who work for a Texas-based company in electrical engineering.
    Hidden Content

🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    How does a plane just disintegrate ?

A bomb, sudden explosion of the fuel tanks, catastrophic structural failure. There are a number of options. What they above all appear to mean with disintegrate, is that whatever happened was a large enough incident at high altitude to end up with only relatively small pieces hitting the ocean in a large area. The fuselage probably didn't come down in one piece.
    Hidden Content

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Usually one would think a bomb, but even then there would be probably be some large parts found. Remember the Air France plane that went down over the Atlantic in 2009, much of the plane sank but they were still able to recover pieces of the plane days after, and they were in the middle of the Atlantic between South America and Africa. The Malaysia plane is out there, but the area is much smaller.

The only one way would be massive failure to a wing or some other major part and the plane hit the water at a high rate of speak

I heard it mentioned on the news that the US is saying its satellites didn't pick up any explosions in that area.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Also read that the oil slick that was seen over the weekend was likely not from the plane.

Story getting stranger by the hour.

A commercial airliner says they've seen large debris and it will be investigated by ships early tomorrow. It's currently night in the area.
    Hidden Content

LET'S GO RANGERS! Pee-Wee Division Gorilla Salad's Avatar
    If you want to see the playback from it's flight path and when it disappears, follow this link... It takes a couple of seconds to load, but then the plane will appear (it's the one heading due north - click on it once to highlight, the call letters should be MH370) and you can see how it just drops off the radar. Very sobering and quite frightening.

http://www.flightradar24.com/2014-03...61838687073688
    Last edited by Gorilla Salad; 03-10-2014 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Salad View Post
    If you want to see the playback from it's flight path and when it disappears, follow this link... It takes a couple of seconds to load, but then the plane will appear (it's the one heading due north - click on it once to highlight, the call letters should be MH370) and you can see how it just drops off the radar. Very sobering and quite frightening.

http://www.flightradar24.com/2014-03...61838687073688
    It's sobering indeed, but for those who now discover this website: this also works for live flights, so you can see where a friend or family member is, but occassionally there are glitches or radar dark spots causing the plane to disappear when everything is just fine.

I remember my mom once nervously bashed F5 for a while because my flight went off radar over the Atlantic for several hundred miles.
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast