• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Next TOOL Album is Complete

Some scoffed when reports surfaced in July of last year that Tool were planning on releasing their highly anticipated follow-up to 2006′s macabre tour-de-force, 10,000 Days, in early 2014, but according to guitarist Adam Jones, the album is complete and will arrive later this year.

As Crave Online Australia reports, Jones told an unnamed fan attending a pre-show VIP meet-and-greet in Portland, Oregon on Thursday afternoon that the notoriously uncompromising outfit?s fifth studio album is ?one-hundred percent done? and should arrive later in the year.

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/tool-guitarist-says-new-album-ready-for-2014-release/

All my feels, they are so feely. :happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

Huge huge huge fan of Tool here but Im afraid as to what will come. I feel like every time an older band/group that I like comes back from a hiatus with a new album its a let down.

please please please please break this trend.

Tool always had a hiatus after all the albums. There was a 5 year gap between 10,000 Days and Lateralus as well.

Huge huge huge fan of Tool here but Im afraid as to what will come. I feel like every time an older band/group that I like comes back from a hiatus with a new album its a let down.

please please please please break this trend.

I tend to agree, but if you look at the music they've all been producing separately and the way they approach making music in general, I don't think they will "go soft" or lose what makes them great. Tool works because their music has definitive ideas, and I think the time they take to make their records is more of a positive than a negative in their case.

Archived