Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Panic Attacks

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by torontonyr View Post
    Not what I was hoping to hear, but thank you for sharing.

To be completely honest, we would be married by now if I didn't think she'd flee from the alter.
    Look into cognitive behavioral therapy. It's the only thing that worked for my mom.

Then her therapist moved to Potsdam, NY.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I have on a few occasions suffered from mild panic attacks. Thankfully this is not something I normally deal with. I do however tend to have very tiny anxiety issues in social situations or when going to new places.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    That can make sense. I guess then the anticipation of an event even before it happens could trigger an attack?
    Yes, it depends on the person, situation, and what they suffer from. Everyone has their own way of getting back to serenity.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Driving alone in the car sucks the most. I have so much shit run through my head. Yesterday's drive home was pretty damn emotional for me.

Was a bit hesitant to post this thread but a bit reassuring I'm not alone. It's only been 2 or 3 weeks and I'm trying to figure out how to adjust.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    We're always here for you, man.

Thanks, much appreciated.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I take a low dosage of Prozac and it has helped me tremendously. I couldn't drive, go into a store, talk on the phone, and on and on becuase of anxiety. Now I work, live in the city, and met a bunch of random people from the Internet in person.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Aasjs View Post
    I take a low dosage of Prozac and it has helped me tremendously. I couldn't drive, go into a store, talk on the phone, and on and on becuase of anxiety. Now I work, live in the city, and met a bunch of random people from the Internet in person.
    Jimmy = Random.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    I read that and I didn't realize you were referring to us for a second. Then I felt special.

\_(ツ)_/ BSBH Prospect
    Yea but you have to drink a limerita first
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    Hey how u doin?

I'm surprised that this happens to younger people. I was 24ish when I first got them, but I just thought it was my lifestyle that caused it. As you get older, you realize that it's not just you.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    I'm surprised that this happens to younger people. I was 24ish when I first got them, but I just thought it was my lifestyle that caused it. As you get older, you realize that it's not just you.
    I was probably 15 when it started to get bad. Sophomore year of high school was terrible so I chose to homeschool for my junior and senior years. That was a blessing and a curse. Then I met Jimmy at 17 and things got better and better from there. AWWWW

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    I was probably 15 when it started to get bad. Sophomore year of high school was terrible so I chose to homeschool for my junior and senior years. That was a blessing and a curse. Then I met Jimmy at 17 and things got better and better from there. AWWWW
    Just wait until you meet a real man.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Get the Mossburg, Jim.

Wow ... 15. Holy shit. You know, I look back onto my teen years, and even my earlier 20's, and I remember that I was stressed out at times, but I never actually got the attack. The first time you get them is always the worst because you don't know wtf is going on. My whole body went numb from head to toe, I thought I was having a stroke. Scary shit.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Today's ride home wasn't at bad. Forced myself to think of other things when I felt an episode coming on.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    You need to play some more Golf Vodka. You can and should leverage this against your wife for more golf. At least, that's what I would do.

Come get some! Junior Division
    My chest feels like it has been caving in the past 6 weeks or so. I think it's time to go back on xanax. I've been battling anxiety for 11 years now. I was medicated for it back when it first began, but got rid of the medication before things got bad (addiction). I used to drink while on xanax and it caused me to stop breathing for 10-20 seconds one night at a bar. Months later, I found out that drinking while on xanax can interrupt your breathing cycle. Haven't taken xanax since.
    Honor, Tradition, Respect... This is what it means to be a NEW YORK RANGER!

Come get some! Junior Division
    I also suffer from sleep paralysis. It's a condition that can stem from anxiety. Sleep paralysis iss a phenomenon in which people, either when falling asleep or wakening, temporarily experience an inability to move (being paralyzed). More formally, it is a transition state between wakefulness and rest characterized by complete muscle atonia (muscle weakness). It can occur at sleep onset or upon awakening (which is when it happens to me), and it is often associated with terrifying visions (e.g. an intruder in the room), to which one is unable to react due to paralysis. It is believed a result of disrupted REM sleep, which is normally characterized by complete muscle atonia that prevents individuals from acting out their dreams.

Fun stuff. Right? LOL! Oh and the terrifying visions are fucking terrifying. They are usually demons that sound like the exorcist talking. All they do is tease me for being unable to move. As I am typing this I am laughing knowing that most of you are going to think I am one disturbed human being. LMAO. I suppose to an extent I am. Understand, these are not hallucinations though. In simple terms, I'm dreaming, my mind is awake, but my body is still asleep.
    Honor, Tradition, Respect... This is what it means to be a NEW YORK RANGER!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast