Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Sarcasm or seriously?
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Anyone have or experience them?
    I PM'd you.

Have a good amount of experience with this.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Been dealing with anxiety/panic attacks for roughly 9 years now. It's feel for those who live with them on a daily basis as well. It's far more common than people like to admit.

\_(ツ)_/ BSBH Prospect
    What happens when you get them
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Sarcasm or seriously?
    Dead serious.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Not a fun feeling. Hot flashes on my forehead and shoulders/neck. Can't focus. Pretty sure I'm having one right now actually.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    You feel like you're having a heart attack, minus the actual pain in the heart. Hyperventilating, numbness, tingling, dizziness, stomach does flips, sweating, nausea, hot flashes, warm sensations, shaking, and probably more.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Not a fun feeling. Hot flashes on my forehead and shoulders/neck. Can't focus. Pretty sure I'm having one right now actually.
    It's stress related. I'm not a pill popper, but a lot of people take Xanex.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Symptoms vary depending on the person/severity. The first one I experienced years ago felt as though I was suffocating. I couldn't gather my thoughts at all and My heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest.

Shortness of breath is common when I get them. Sometimes hand tremors, nausea, slight dizziness. It depends on what I'm reacting to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
    Been dealing with anxiety/panic attacks for roughly 9 years now. It's feel for those who live with them on a daily basis as well. It's far more common than people like to admit.
    It changes your life. It sucks. I pray that my kids don't get them, because they are hereditary. A few of my cousins get them, but none of parents suffered from them, so hopefully it skips a generation.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    I don't personally have them, but I know people who do. Not fun, and it came to the point where medication (Xanax) had to be involved because it was that debilitating.

Removing yourself from a chaotic environment even if it's only temporarily will do wonders. I got them plenty in school years ago. For example, going outside and just focusing on slowing down my breathing did wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    I don't personally have them, but I know people who do. Not fun, and it came to the point where medication (Xanax) had to be involved because it was that debilitating.
    I've learned how to deal with them without the meds. It's not fun, but I won't take Celexa, or any of those meds that are supposed to give you the proper chemical balance in your brain. I usually drink a gallon or more of water, I pace around, or walk until I can calm down. My doctor, and my wife have begged me to try taking something, but I won't do it. Any little thing can throw you into an attack depending on much straw is on the camel's back.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
    Removing yourself from a chaotic environment even if it's only temporarily will do wonders. I got them plenty in school years ago. For example, going outside and just focusing on slowing down my breathing did wonders.
    Agree, but you can't avoid them either. If you do, you wind up home-bound. You have to learn to deal with the chaotic environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    It changes your life. It sucks. I pray that my kids don't get them, because they are hereditary. A few of my cousins get them, but none of parents suffered from them, so hopefully it skips a generation.
    It does change your life but believe it or not, it's had many positive effects on mine. Despite how they feel, it's not always a bad thing. Sometimes anxiety is a way of your body telling you that something is wrong. There are countless people out there that forget how important it is to take care of ones self. I don't mean going to work and handling daily responsibilities. I'm referring to giving yourself time to unwind, rest, resolve issues that have been put off for too long etc.

Speaking from personal experience, I wouldn't have that kind of awareness now where it not for what my time with anxiety has put me through.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Agree, but you can't avoid them either. If you do, you wind up home-bound. You have to learn to deal with the chaotic environment.
    I completely agree. See post above

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    I've learned how to deal with them without the meds. It's not fun, but I won't take Celexa, or any of those meds that are supposed to give you the proper chemical balance in your brain. I usually drink a gallon or more of water, I pace around, or walk until I can calm down. My doctor, and my wife have begged me to try taking something, but I won't do it. Any little thing can throw you into an attack depending on much straw is on the camel's back.
    Absolutely. I can tell you the meds work though. Xanax is not the best solution - it basically makes you numb to everything, good and bad. It stops the panic attacks, but it's just no fun. Celexa and a lot of those classes of anti-depressants are much less invasive but work really well. Those anti-depressants can have a lot of nasty side effects though.

It's not a win, either way, to be honest. But if it means stopping the panic attacks, it's worth, IMO.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Very rarely get them, but had an episode a couple of weeks ago for like 3 nights straight. MISERABLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Absolutely. I can tell you the meds work though. Xanax is not the best solution - it basically makes you numb to everything, good and bad. It stops the panic attacks, but it's just no fun. Celexa and a lot of those classes of anti-depressants are much less invasive but work really well. Those anti-depressants can have a lot of nasty side effects though.

It's not a win, either way, to be honest. But if it means stopping the panic attacks, it's worth, IMO.
    Yeah, with my wife being a department head nurse, I'm lucky. It's a lot more reassuring when you have someone in the medical field around you telling you that you're not going to die. All of the those drugs don't work on everyone the same way. You have to find one that works for you, and I took something for a week, and I didn't feel right. I live with the hope that I don't get them, and when I do I deal with it the same way I always have. It sucks, but it is what it is.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast