• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

'A Perfect Circle' Release First New Track in Over 9 Years

Jules

Exclusively on Spin for now, but APC has launched a new track called "By And Down", which will be featured as a bonus on their upcoming greatest hits track. It's a really unique track - not as loud and fast as other work, but very progrock and strong towards the end - and I'm delighted to hear Maynard sound as good as ever, knowing he's warming up to recording a new Tool album at some point this Fall or this Spring.

Song can be heard here: http://www.spin.com/articles/a-perfect-circle-by-and-down-stream-three-sixty-greatest-hits/

:m: :thumbs:

Hauntingly beautiful, is how I'd describe it. I'm still too excited over the sheer fact it exists and is new right now to give you an honest, unbiased opinion yet though. :rofl:

Let me come back to you when my little boy new toy excitement subsides some.

Was wondering what happened to these guys.

I dated a girl about 14 years ago whom for whatever reason bought their CD imply because she liked the album cover, but eventually gave it to me because she hated the music, and because of that I really got into several of their songs.

I've never understood MJK fans who hate APC but love Tool. No offense, 92, but I just don't get it. Unless you're saying you're a Tool fan, and not necessarily an MJK fan. For me, anything he attaches himself to tends to be gold, so be it Tool, APC, Puscifer or otherwise, I'm in, but I guess I can sorta get it if you're just not into the softer sounds he's done with APC and Puscifer.

I've never understood MJK fans who hate APC but love Tool. No offense, 92, but I just don't get it. Unless you're saying you're a Tool fan, and not necessarily an MJK fan. For me, anything he attaches himself to tends to be gold, so be it Tool, APC, Puscifer or otherwise, I'm in, but I guess I can sorta get it if you're just not into the softer sounds he's done with APC and Puscifer.

I like Puscifer, but I think APC misses the spot for me musically. It's nothing to do with softer or harder, I just don't like the way they preset their sound, for the most part. The outsider, count bodies like sheep, imagine cover, Judith to some degree, and a handful of others get a lot of play on my iTunes, but otherwise it just doesn't feel right. The sound I guess just isn't very unique or doesn't feel like it has a direction. I feel like there's way more direction with Tool and Puscifer's sound.

right, I like Tool more than APC (I dont hate APC, just havent listened to them enough), and its just been so long since new Tool stuff

http://loudwire.com/maynard-james-keenan-teases-2014-tool-album-new-material-from-a-perfect-circle-and-puscifer/

During our latest interview with Tool drummer Danny Carey, the master percussionist also stated that 2014 would likely be the year of Tool. “Right now, since we haven’t started tracking stuff at this point, it’ll be hard,” Carey shares about a 2013 Tool release. “We could have the record finished by the end of the year — that’s a possibility, but the logistics of getting it manufactured and getting the record company in line and all this stuff, I doubt we’ll be able to get it out before Christmas. We’ll see how it goes. Most likely, it’ll be early 2014.”

Archived