• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

'Masters of Sex' on Showtime

Fuhgeddaboudit

Normally I'd say yes, stay away, but in this case it's a television show, so just do me a favor and be very mindful of what you post regarding it and we should be fine. Nothing overly descriptive or verbally masturbatory and things should be OK. If at any point I feel you guys aren't doing this, I'll remind you. If it happens again, I'll probably just remove the thread.

Normally I'd say yes, stay away, but in this case it's a television show, so just do me a favor and be very mindful of what you post regarding it and we should be fine. Nothing overly descriptive or verbally masturbatory and things should be OK. If at any point I feel you guys aren't doing this, I'll remind you. If it happens again, I'll probably just remove the thread.

i think you just broke your own rule haha

• 9 months later...

Um, well I got some the second night we watched... but I dunno if that's because of the show or not.

Gimme a little while longer and I'll let you know if I feel it's influenced things any. :rofl:

The Mrs. is a Social Psychologist, so we watch the show. It's decent. I think it's a pretty interesting view into social views of sex in that time period and how the work of Masters and Johnson helped change those perceptions.

Yeah, we just finished it up. I dug it. They did a lot of story line advancement between episodes, sometimes weeks/months at a time, but I thought they did a great job by the end of it. It held my attention for sure, and I'll be back when Season 2 comes around.

• 3 months later...

I dunno, this has actually out-done Donovan on some nights for me — particularly the episode when they lost their first child to still birth in season one and the "boxing" episode this season.

I guess it's not a consistently knock-your-socks-off show, but I'd actually liken it to the same platform shows like Breaking Bad used. To borrow from the boxing theme, it's like a show that leads with a few jabs before the left-cross comes over to knock you on your ass every three/four episodes.

I dunno, this has actually out-done Donovan on some nights for me — particularly the episode when they lost their first child to still birth in season one and the "boxing" episode this season.

I guess it's not a consistently knock-your-socks-off show, but I'd actually liken it to the same platform shows like Breaking Bad used. To borrow from the boxing theme, it's like a show that leads with a few jabs before the left-cross comes over to knock you on your ass every three/four episodes.

On some nights, sure. They're two very different shows, though. It's like comparing Classic Music to Hard Core. One builds on itself, slowly gaining pace and rhythm, crescendos to a peak only to bring you back down again softly. The other hits you in the fucking face with a hammer and then, just as you're getting back up, it kicks you in the balls.

• 9 months later...
Massive jump forward in time line this season. Twelve years, if I heard correctly? Dave/cousin, you guys still watching?

Yup, watched last nights episode. Things are royally screwed up for just about everyone. Also, don't think it was a full 12 years. When they were in the press conference, they stated the study ran for 12 years. Not sure how long they had been running it prior to the jump, but it was still a significant amount of time they skipped over.

Edit: Come to think about it, when Gini and George are talking, he says that he's had the kids for 4 years now. That happened near/at the end of last season. The son is almost 18 and the daughter is 15 now. That's in the 4 month prior to conference flash back. That gives you your time frame.

• 1 month later...

Archived