• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Astronomy Thread

Phil

I figure we could use one considering the appeal the MARS rover thread got. I know there are at least a handful of astronomy lovers here, so let's use this thread to ooh and ahh at the marvels of our universe!

Astronomy, not astrology. This ain't the thread for your shitty horoscope. Pick up a local rag paper for that nonsense.

--

Has anyone seen the Cassini photos yet?

969527_633927639961584_925568514_n.jpg

Taken last Friday. That dot is Earth.

That looks tremendous!

I've been watching the Mike Rowe narrated series on Science Channel the last month — Universe Expanded, I believe. They did three or four episode — black holes, super massive black holes, comets and one on gravity.

i want to buy a telescope so bad but i live in brooklyn and there aren't many starts to look at.

Same. My wife actually wanted to buy me one two years ago for Christmas and I told her not to bother because there's not much I can see from where we live right now. If we move to a clearer skies location, I'll go for it.

Same. My wife actually wanted to buy me one two years ago for Christmas and I told her not to bother because there's not much I can see from where we live right now. If we move to a clearer skies location, I'll go for it.

Amazing how much clearer skies get after not going too far upstate. Worth having one for a nice camping or cabin vacation.

• 1 year later...

Bumping this because conditions for tonight's Geminids meteor shower are pretty good as long as you can find yourself away from light pollution. If you can't see it live, you can catch it here: http://www.space.com/19195-night-sky-planets-asteroids-webcasts.html

Also, for those trying to see it: http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2014/12/12/geminids_viewing_guide.html

• 2 weeks later...

Archived