Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Poker

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by NoControl View Post
    Limit. 2-4-6. I didn't think I was good one out of five times which is what makes a call there profitable. Her exact hand was the only one I could put her on that I could beat and it wasn't a hand I thought she would raise with as passive as she was.

Saw your edit. Agree her raise is terrible. If she flats I call expecting to lose to her passive jack high or better flush some times.
    She didn't give 2 shits about you being in the hand. Her stupidity won her a pot.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post

She didn't give 2 shits about you being in the hand. Her stupidity won her a pot.
    Which is important in the long run at all levels. If the ignorant players never win when they make mistakes then the games would dry up. Wish the Trop spread higher limit games. My friends like the 1/2 no limit games there though so when ever I go with them, it's what I get stuck playing.

Can't wait till November living here in NJ. Wonder how long it will take for the online games here to get good.

Which is important in the long run at all levels. If the ignorant players never win when they make mistakes then the games would dry up. Wish the Trop spread higher limit games. My friends like the 1/2 no limit games there though so when ever I go with them, it's what I get stuck playing.

Can't wait till November living here in NJ. Wonder how long it will take for the online games here to get good.
    8 seconds. Why don't you go to the Borgata to play cash games?
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Bantam Division twentyseven's Avatar
    We should all get a BSBH game going one day for fun. or go to AC together
    Hidden Content

"A mathematician is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat which isn't there"

Quote Originally Posted by twentyseven View Post
    We should all get a BSBH game going one day for fun. or go to AC together
    If you weren't so far, I'd tell you to come to my brother's game. I think it's perfect for your speed. PM me if you'd think about it.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

If you weren't so far, I'd tell you to come to my brother's game. I think it's perfect for your speed. PM me if you'd think about it.
    It is honestly probably too far for me to go there consistently. However, if we all decided to meet up one day for a game I would probably be down.
    Hidden Content

"A mathematician is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat which isn't there"

8 seconds. Why don't you go to the Borgata to play cash games?
    My brother works for Harrahs and he plays tourneys at the Trop every week, plus some cash games. I like the Borgota better but he's got a ton of comps at the Trop. I don't go down often enough any more to care. I just like to play, make the right decisions and the such.

My brother works for Harrahs and he plays tourneys at the Trop every week, plus some cash games. I like the Borgota better but he's got a ton of comps at the Trop. I don't go down often enough any more to care. I just like to play, make the right decisions and the such.
    ahhh, ok. Makes sense.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by twentyseven View Post
    It is honestly probably too far for me to go there consistently. However, if we all decided to meet up one day for a game I would probably be down.
    I don't think we'd get enough guys just from the forum, though. If you're ever bored on a Friday, or just want to get away from the wedding plans, shoot me a message.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

I don't think we'd get enough guys just from the forum, though. If you're ever bored on a Friday, or just want to get away from the wedding plans, shoot me a message.
    Sounds good, appreciate it
    Hidden Content

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    Where do you play?
    I was at Caesars, but I play lots of places.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    I was at Caesars, but I play lots of places.
    You should come play at my brother's. You're local.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Mikey, what's your most memorable hand?

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    "The Stranger".

Mikey, what's your most memorable hand?
    Wow Dave, excellent question. I've obviously played a countless number of hands, and the crazy part is that I can give you the exact situations for the key hands, whether it was cash or tourny's, live or online, last week or 10 years ago. I just got a phone call, I'll continue this with some good ones. Give me a few.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Ok, I love this shit. Here's the situation: I'm in Vegas, and I'm in a deep stack tourny at the Venetian. At the time, I'm looking to put a bankroll together for obvious reasons. Being in this situation can hurt your game, as it can make you come to a decision that you normally wouldn't come to, or maybe make you lean 1 way and not the other because of financial reasons. In this particular case, it cost me. We were on the bubble of this tourny and 1st place was 150 peppers, I was top 10 in chips with just under 40 players left. I've been playing with the same table for 2 straight days, there was no table redraw going into the 2nd day. So everyone at the table knew each other pretty well. There were 2 players at my table that I had to keep an eye on, and the 3 of us acknowledged each other for sure. The blinds were 3k-6k, I was under the gun with QQ, and I pop it to 16 or 18k. A short stack shoves all in for 30k. It comes to one of the guys that I had to keep my eye on. He tanks it for about 3 minutes and re-jams all in for 180k. It folds back around to me. This hand won't knock me out, but it will crush my stack. To me, he has 1 of 4 hands, maybe 5. He either has AK, AA, KK, or JJ, with an outside shot of 10's. 2 of those hands have me dominated, 1 is a coin flip, and I'm seriously about 20-80 in flip situations, so it doesn't always even out like everyone says. That's a load of shit, so I have that in the back of my mind. I tank it for a while and fold. The short stack (although irrelevant) had 88, the guy that jammed all in had AK. I would have held. I would have been the chip leader by a mile. I ended up finishing 13th and winning 3k. I was sick to my stomach for weeks over that hand. When I went back to the Rio, my friend and I talked about the hand with 5 pros. 3 would have folded, and 2 + my friend would have made the call. I would have steam rolled the rest of that field. They were disgustingly bad players.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Ok, I love this shit. Here's the situation: I'm in Vegas, and I'm in a deep stack tourny at the Venetian. At the time, I'm looking to put a bankroll together for obvious reasons. Being in this situation can hurt your game, as it can make you come to a decision that you normally wouldn't come to, or maybe make you lean 1 way and not the other because of financial reasons. In this particular case, it cost me. We were on the bubble of this tourny and 1st place was 150 peppers, I was top 10 in chips with just under 40 players left. I've been playing with the same table for 2 straight days, there was no table redraw going into the 2nd day. So everyone at the table knew each other pretty well. There were 2 players at my table that I had to keep an eye on, and the 3 of us acknowledged each other for sure. The blinds were 3k-6k, I was under the gun with QQ, and I pop it to 16 or 18k. A short stack shoves all in for 30k. It comes to one of the guys that I had to keep my eye on. He tanks it for about 3 minutes and re-jams all in for 180k. It folds back around to me. This hand won't knock me out, but it will crush my stack. To me, he has 1 of 4 hands, maybe 5. He either has AK, AA, KK, or JJ, with an outside shot of 10's. 2 of those hands have me dominated, 1 is a coin flip, and I'm seriously about 20-80 in flip situations, so it doesn't always even out like everyone says. That's a load of shit, so I have that in the back of my mind. I tank it for a while and fold. The short stack (although irrelevant) had 88, the guy that jammed all in had AK. I would have held. I would have been the chip leader by a mile. I ended up finishing 13th and winning 3k. I was sick to my stomach for weeks over that hand. When I went back to the Rio, my friend and I talked about the hand with 5 pros. 3 would have folded, and 2 + my friend would have made the call. I would have steam rolled the rest of that field. They were disgustingly bad players.
    It's a tough spot because your open doesn't necessarily have to be that strong and I guess both you and he knew that. You can flip with small stacks or even get in with slightly the worst of it and still be OK for the times you just pick up the blinds. Considering you made a point of mentioning that you guys had a lot of history and that the 3 big stacks were pretty much feasting on the smaller stacks while staying out of each others' way, I like your fold here. I think you might be able to take some percentage of TT and JJ out of his range. In some circumstances with your raise and a short stack re-popping it, he lays down a hand as good as Jacks. Of course, some times he pushes with them, too, so I wouldn't completely rule them out. With nothing invested, he probably doesn't want to flip with you if you might call with AK. I like his shove, though.

So I weigh his hand more heavily towards AA, KK or AK given your description of the play and lay it down to fight another day.

It's a tough spot because your open doesn't necessarily have to be that strong and I guess both you and he knew that. You can flip with small stacks or even get in with slightly the worst of it and still be OK for the times you just pick up the blinds. Considering you made a point of mentioning that you guys had a lot of history and that the 3 big stacks were pretty much feasting on the smaller stacks while staying out of each others' way, I like your fold here. I think you might be able to take some percentage of TT and JJ out of his range. In some circumstances with your raise and a short stack re-popping it, he lays down a hand as good as Jacks. Of course, some times he pushes with them, too, so I wouldn't completely rule them out. With nothing invested, he probably doesn't want to flip with you if you might call with AK. I like his shove, though.

So I weigh his hand more heavily towards AA, KK or AK given your description of the play and lay it down to fight another day.
    Under the gun raises show strength (well at one time they did) especially from good players at certain points of a tournament. Players try to steal the blinds from early position now, more often than before. I actually folded because I knew that he knew I had a big hand. If the short stack doesn't jam 30, the hand plays out differently. He may reraise, but not jam. I call, bet the flop and win the pot.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Under the gun raises show strength (well at one time they did) especially from good players at certain points of a tournament. I actually folded because I knew that he knew I had a big hand. If the short stack doesn't jam 30, the hand plays out differently. He may reraise, but not jam. I call, bet the flop and win the pot.
    Oh, was this tourney more than a few years ago? Now it seems that the further you get in tourneys, the more the big stacks open up. I would put you on 9T - AT suited, KQ off or higher, along with any pair because you were in early position. 4-5 years ago, AJ suited, AQ or AK off along with pairs around 8's or better.

Oh, was this tourney more than a few years ago? Now it seems that the further you get in tourneys, the more the big stacks open up. I would put you on 9T - AT suited, KQ off or higher, along with any pair because you were in early position. 4-5 years ago, AJ suited, AQ or AK off along with pairs around 8's or better.
    This was 2008. Yes, the game has changed a little bit. The high-jack seat is the new cut-off. I have soooooo many memorable hands, especially in big spots, more bad than good unfortunately. I had 2 huge ones in my main even final table run that propelled me to the next step. 1 was very early, believe it or not, and the other was at the end of day 1, that actually had me in the top 3 in chips after the day was over. Nothing overly impressive about either play, they were just big pots that put me in a comfortable position. The players started with 30k, I had taken a pretty horrific beat prior to the hand, but being that the blinds were so small, it really didn't effect my stack or play, but not everyone sees the game like others do. I had QJ, and the flop came Q-X-X with 2 hearts. I lead out and 2 people called. This guy from Canada stares at me and makes a raise. I call, the other 2 folded. The turn was a jack (no heart), I checked, he fired, I called. The river was the queen of heart. I lead out, thinking that he thought I had a flush, and he was going to just check behind me, and I wouldn't get paid. I'm not a fan of checking the nuts hoping 1 person is going to fire at me, it would depend on the situation, but I normally won't do it. He stares at me for 2 minutes, and then asks me if I hit a flush. I say no. He says you're lying. I say, do you have a flush? He says no, I would just call, but now I'm going to raise you. He throws 7k in the pot (keep in mind the blinds were probably 100-200). I say nothing, and just throw 18k in the pot. He asks me if I have a flush again. I told him no, I swear on my mother. He asks me if I flopped a set. I said no, I swear on my mother. He calls. Ship it.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast