Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Poker

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    First off, the guy is a moron because he put $37 in the pot and called $213 off on a draw, with 1 to come. If he thought you had just a pair of jacks, why not raise the flop? That's a pretty good flop for him. He needs to know where he stands at that point, he's out of position. And lastly, he said he thought you had a pair of jacks and that an ace or diamond wins him the hand .... what about a 4 moron? He had A5 ... board 3-7-J -2- -?- Right there you know he's a born again idiot. Say "nice hand" and move on. You did nothing wrong really, I have no problem with the overbet jam on the turn.

1 more thing: I only wear a hat if I need a hair cut. No visors, sunglasses, iPods, mp3's, vcr's or whatever the fuck else they use. I wanna hear and see everything that goes on. However, there is an exception. Keep headphones in your pocket in case you get seated next to an annoying fuck that doesn't shut up.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    Was in AC this weekend. Was going up and down all night because I started at like 3am so pretty much all of the players were pretty good, but lost it all on a terrible beat. Had pocket jacks. First guy raises 15 pre flop, next guy re-raises to 30. I had his tendencies down so I thought I had him dominated. I pushed all in with like 90. First guy folds, second guy calls me. He has pocket 8's. Flop comes out 6, 7, 9, then the turn is a 10. I lose before the river even comes out. Fuck me.

Where do you play?
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Midget Division
    I play cards with my grandma and she's pretty fucking good too. Always taking my money, that bitch.

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Closest I gat to playing cards is watching Rounders.

I play roulette, and occasionally I'll play Let it Ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba Ba Bluey View Post
    I play cards with my grandma and she's pretty fucking good too. Always taking my money, that bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Peetie27 View Post
    Closest I gat to playing cards is watching Rounders.

I play roulette, and occasionally I'll play Let it Ride.
    Do you have interest in learning? I'm actually quite surprised you don't play cards, considering the area you grew up in.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Yea I just was never into it.

Mikey Hellmuth- Mikey Ivey

I love poker, but I'm not that great of a player because I'm always real tight until I get a lot of chips in font of me. At tha point I get wreckless and try to play people and not my hand.

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Was at the Trop last night with a few friends. I only pay limit hold em live. Used to play all sorts of games online before Black Friday.

They only spread 2/4/6 limit so that's what I sat at. This hand came up about an hour in.

I'm on the button in seat three. I have 7h 9h. Seat seven and seat nine limp. I limp, sb completes and bb taps. Five to the flop of $10.

Ah Tc 4h

SB leads, BB folds, called to me, I raise, SB who was the only thinking player hesitates a second then calls, rest call. My read at this point is that SB either had a medium ace or two pair lower than top two. Top two or better she jams with, and I've seen her lead fold what I would assume in this type of hand would be ace rag as she wouldn't want to draw thin against top two or better. Other two are loose passive stations. $26 in the pot.

Turn is 2c.

SB leads, now I figure she has to have A4 seven folds, nine calls and I call. Nine is an older woman who is typical of these low limit games. She only bets reasonably strong hands if checked to, calls with all sorts of weak hands and draws. Very rarely raises a bet. $38.

River is the 5h. SB leads? Nine raises???

What should I do with the nine high flush facing two bets cold? I looked over at the SB and she had her cards ready to pitch them so I either wasn't getting another $6 from her or she had a straight flush and knew I'd look over, so I put the pot at $51 with the rake and Bad Beat drop, $12 to call.

What do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    Was in AC this weekend. Was going up and down all night because I started at like 3am so pretty much all of the players were pretty good, but lost it all on a terrible beat. Had pocket jacks. First guy raises 15 pre flop, next guy re-raises to 30. I had his tendencies down so I thought I had him dominated. I pushed all in with like 90. First guy folds, second guy calls me. He has pocket 8's. Flop comes out 6, 7, 9, then the turn is a 10. I lose before the river even comes out. Fuck me.
    I can never get away from pocket jacks or jack-10. I LOVE those hands for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    Mikey Hellmuth- Mikey Ivey

I love poker, but I'm not that great of a player because I'm always real tight until I get a lot of chips in font of me. At tha point I get wreckless and try to play people and not my hand.
    Played with him, briefly. Never Ivey, but I've played with a lot of the players you probably know from television. Ted Forrest is the weirdest man on the planet. It's not even debatable. Most are degenerate gamblers as well, sports betting, table games, etc ... Only a handful of them really have money. Hellmuth, Ivey, Negreanu, and others, have money money. I would say 75% of the fields are staked or sell off a piece of themselves.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

I love Negreanu, but he seems like a bit of a nerd that you'd want t punch in the face after a while. But his reads are fucking incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by NoControl View Post
    Was at the Trop last night with a few friends. I only pay limit hold em live. Used to play all sorts of games online before Black Friday.

They only spread 2/4/6 limit so that's what I sat at. This hand came up about an hour in.

I'm on the button in seat three. I have 7h 9h. Seat seven and seat nine limp. I limp, sb completes and bb taps. Five to the flop of $10.

Ah Tc 4h

SB leads, BB folds, called to me, I raise, SB who was the only thinking player hesitates a second then calls, rest call. My read at this point is that SB either had a medium ace or two pair lower than top two. Top two or better she jams with, and I've seen her lead fold what I would assume in this type of hand would be ace rag as she wouldn't want to draw thin against top two or better. Other two are loose passive stations. $26 in the pot.

Turn is 2c.

SB leads, now I figure she has to have A4 seven folds, nine calls and I call. Nine is an older woman who is typical of these low limit games. She only bets reasonably strong hands if checked to, calls with all sorts of weak hands and draws. Very rarely raises a bet. $38.

River is the 5h. SB leads? Nine raises???

What should I do with the nine high flush facing two bets cold? I looked over at the SB and she had her cards ready to pitch them so I either wasn't getting another $6 from her or she had a straight flush and knew I'd look over, so I put the pot at $51 with the rake and Bad Beat drop, $12 to call.

What do you do?
    I fold. You're most likely beat there. If not, you didn't invest that much into the pot. You're probably ahead of the SB, but there aren't too many flushes you're beating other than 6/2, 6/3, 8/2 or 8/3, (am I missing one?) and all are unlikely starting hands. She's probably just flatting the river if she had any of those 3 hands.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    I love Negreanu, but he seems like a bit of a nerd that you'd want t punch in the face after a while. But his reads are fucking incredible.
    He used to stake a very good friend of mine, live and online. Kid is a beast.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Bantam Division twentyseven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    He used to stake a very good friend of mine, live and online. Kid is a beast.
    I remember on a high stakes cash game he was playing against Antonius (I think) and Negreanu had pocket 5's and Antonius had pocket 6's and flop came 5 5 6 and Antonius turned a 6 and Negreanu ended up losing over a million dollars(?) that hand.
    Hidden Content

"A mathematician is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat which isn't there"

Imagine losing with quads. I'd have a hellmuth like meltdown. I miss playing, man. Wish I had the time and money for it, still.

Quote Originally Posted by twentyseven View Post
    I remember on a high stakes cash game he was playing against Antonius (I think) and Negreanu had pocket 5's and Antonius had pocket 6's and flop came 5 5 6 and Antonius turned a 6 and Negreanu ended up losing over a million dollars(?) that hand.
    That's as tough as it gets. He didn't too well on high stakes. He did have pretty bad luck the entire time, though.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

I fold. You're most likely beat there. If not, you didn't invest that much into the pot. You're probably ahead of the SB, but there aren't too many flushes you're beating other than 6/2, 6/3, 8/2 or 8/3, (am I missing one?) and all are unlikely starting hands. She's probably just flatting the river if she had any of those 3 hands.
    Yeah I tanked for about fourty five seconds, recounted the pot and then folded. SB crying called with top two, suprised she didn't jam earlier. Nine had 3h 6h. Absolute bottom of her range and really surprised she raised. I was happy with my fold. I think it shows a profit in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by NoControl View Post
    Yeah I tanked for about fourty five seconds, recounted the pot and then folded. SB crying called with top two, suprised she didn't jam earlier. Nine had 3h 6h. Absolute bottom of her range and really surprised she raised. I was happy with my fold. I think it shows a profit in that situation.
    Wait, was it limit, or no limit? And win or not, that's a horrible raise on her part. 3 people in the pot after flop comes 2 suits, and she's in the middle, facing a bet, and she raised? Awful. But it works out sometimes.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Wait, was it limit, or no limit?
    Limit. 2-4-6. I didn't think I was good one out of five times which is what makes a call there profitable. Her exact hand was the only one I could put her on that I could beat and it wasn't a hand I thought she would raise with as passive as she was.

Saw your edit. Agree her raise is terrible. If she flats I call expecting to lose to her passive jack high or better flush some times.
    Last edited by AmericanJesus; 07-21-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast